[AG-DEV] RE: Node-listing data, course of action

Jason Bell j.bell at cqu.edu.au
Thu May 31 07:34:16 CDT 2007

G'day Ben and all

Firstly, I wasn't aware of the
http://euroag.accessgrid.org/eurosites.html website and honestly, I
don't think it is required any more (in my opinion anyway).  Secondly,
AGCentral will be shut down very soon, so no need to link to it anymore
either.

The structure of the node listing is that it sorts by Country first,
than by Province/State, than by AG name.  I think the inconsistencies
might be due to the fact, that the transfer of information from
AGCentral to the new listing wasn't optimal and some data may be
incorrect.  Would it be better to sort by England, Scotland, Wales and
Northern Ireland than simply UK????

Now, in regards to linking to and from the Global Node listings, I think
some work will have to be done on both sides.  For example, the
following is the structure of the node listing:

    * Location Details
    * Institution
    * Street Address
    * City
    * State/Province
    * Post Code
    * Country
    * Latitude
    * Longitude
    * Generic Contact Email
    * Node Telephone
    * Node URL
    * Primary Contact Name
    * Primary Contact Email
    * Primary Contact Phone Number
    * Secondary Contact Name
    * Secondary Contact Email
    * Secondary Contact Phone Number
    * AG 2.4
    * AG 3.0
    * IG1
    * IG2
    * Multicast Beacon URL
    * Multicast-enabled
    * Additional Information
    * Booking Information
    * Node Image

A lot of this information is extremely important, especially for
international communication.  Now obviously, not all is required, but it
is highly recommended to supply as much information as possible of
course.  Additionally, though the UK node listing
(http://www.agsc.ja.net/QAtesting/QApasses.php) might be useful for
other UK nodes, there is a lot of useful information missing that other
international nodes will require.

For the QA process, the following field as used (Still to add stand
alone VNC):

    * ag-nid
    * QA Test Date
    * AG Version
    * Audio-Echo
    * Audio-Quality
    * Audio-Ambient
    * Video-Picture_Quality
    * Video-Camera_Positioning
    * Networking-NTP
    * Networking-Unicast
    * Networking-Multicast
    * Networking-Beacon
    * AGTK-Restart
    * inSORS-Restart
    * Text_Messaging-Jabber
    * Shared_Applications-IGPix
    * AGTK2-Shared-Browser
    * AGTK2-Shared-Desktop
    * AGTK2-Shared-Presentation
    * AGTK2-VenueVNCClient
    * AGTK2-VenueVNCServer
    * AGTK3-Shared-Browser
    * AGTK3-Shared-Desktop
    * AGTK3-Shared-Presentation
    * AGTK3-TigerBoardAG
    * AGTK3-VenueVNCClient
    * AGTK3-VenueVNCServer
    * Miscellaneous-Details
    * QA Testers Comments
    * qa-result

Again, obviously not all is required, but being able to test and support
many of the shared apps, and be able to highlight them, is very
important as well.

Anyway, I thought I would highlight the potential issues.

Thanks,
Jason.