[AG-DEV] Bad 3.1 interop with 3.0.2

Christoph Willing willing at vislab.uq.edu.au
Wed Mar 14 21:04:37 CDT 2007

Tom,

Doug & I have both made snapshots from the latest cvs (lets call that
3.1) for our distributions and have both noticed the following bad
behaviour when interacting with 3.0.2 venue servers (both ANL and APAG).

Firstly, we can't enter an empty venue - can only enter venues
already occupied by other (3.0.x participants)

Secondly, any empty venue that we tried to enter was then rendered
unenterable by ordinary 3.0.x clients for some period of time. Its
hard to measure the exact period - 1 or 2 minutes probably.

Not sure if its just us (anyone else noticed this?), but it certainly
seems enough of a problem not to release snapshots just yet.

chris

Christoph Willing                       +61 7 3365 8350
QCIF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland