[AG-DEV] Additional Grabber settings

Todd Zimmerman toddz at sfu.ca
Wed Jul 4 13:41:16 CDT 2007

Douglas Kosovic wrote:
> Hi Jason,
>
>> Don't get me wrong, once everything is set, it works fine!  It simply
>> would be nice to be able to hard "set" these variables somehow.
>
> Does your webcam driver take a gamma and gain kernel module argument? If
> so, it can be set in /etc/modprobe.conf.

Unfortunately it doesn't appear as though the Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000  has that option on module
load.  The only options modinfo lists are:

parm:           size:Initial image size. One of sqcif, qsif, qcif, sif, cif, vga (charp)
parm:           fps:Initial frames per second. Varies with model, useful range 5-30 (int)
parm:           fbufs:Number of internal frame buffers to reserve (int)
parm:           mbufs:Number of external (mmap()ed) image buffers (int)
parm:           trace:For debugging purposes
parm:           power_save:Turn power save feature in camera on or off (int)
parm:           compression:Preferred compression quality. Range 0 (uncompressed) to 3 (high
compression) (int)
parm:           leds:LED on,off time in milliseconds (array of int)
parm:           dev_hint:Device node hints (array of charp)

I've also tried setpwc after the module loads but it doesn't have a gamma setting and vic seems to
reset any gain settings I make.

Cheers,

Todd