[AG-DEV] porblem with python 2.5

Eric Olson eolson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Dec 3 11:59:14 CST 2007

Hi Eddy,

The name of the threadedselectreactor has changed to _threadedselect in
newer versions of twisted.  The code below should try to use either
name.  Can you try replacing the code you pasted with this:

try:
     from twisted.internet import _threadedselect as threadedselectreactor
except:
     from twisted.internet import threadedselectreactor
try:
     threadedselectreactor.install()
except:
     pass
from twisted.internet import reactor

If you still get errors, let me know.

Just for reference, I had to look this up in the examples I wrote for
the shared app tutorial at last years AG retreat:

Sample code: http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~eolson/DeveloperTutorials1.zip
web page here: http://www.accessgrid.org/developer/sharedapps

Eric