[AG-DEV] Parallelize some of the functions of the Start-Up for the Venue Client

Andrew A Rowley Andrew.Rowley at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Sep 4 02:49:14 CDT 2006

Hi,

A lot of this problem is caused by the fact that no one can currently run their own bridge registry and so the registry at ANL is being used by everyone in the world, regardless of if their bridge is accessible to the world or not.  As you say, there is also a loop in the code that does not exit until every bridge has responded to a ping request - note that this is tried through https first, then using the "ping" command if this fails.

I think there is a "RegistryPeer.py" class in the "Registry" sub folder of the AccessGrid python library - I am fairly sure that this is what you need to use to run your own registry and so isolate your bridge from the rest of the world.  What I don't know is if you can then configure your server or client to use this registry without hacking the code.

Andrew :)

Access Grid Support Centre,
RSS Group,
Manchester Computing,