[AG-DEV] AG3.0 Final Bridge Issues

Todd Zimmerman toddz at sfu.ca
Thu May 4 14:05:37 CDT 2006

Thanks Doug,

First, to answer your questions/concerns, I am running kernel-smp-2.6.16-1.2080_FC5 (with
kernel-smp-2.6.16-1.2096_FC5 in waiting for next reboot) and QuickBridge-4.0-1.20060316cvs

Second, to just follow up, I have tested this on a Windows new install also.  Same basic bridge
behaviour on that system (when switching venues it uses the multicast addresses for the services but
the gui reports that it is still on the bridge) - except the 'reselect' of the bridge (after
switching to multicast and back) actually does properly restart the services.  (On linux, you have
to manually restart the services after switching back to unicast).

I've tested this on windows and linux clients - and on WestGrid venueserver and the Argonne
venueserver, and using the Argonne bridge and the WestGrid bridge - all with the same behaviour.

Am I the only one experiencing it???

Todd