[AG-DEV] AG3.0 Final Bridge Issues

Todd Zimmerman toddz at sfu.ca
Wed May 3 15:48:16 CDT 2006

Just upgraded our bridge server to AG3.0 final (Bridge.py 1.15) and am having a few issues.

Here's my experience:

Started the AG3 Bridge process on the Bridge machine.
Start a VenueClient on another box and connect to venueserver.
Select to use the Bridge on the VenueClient.
Bridge shows three QuickBridge processes started (with correct multicast addresses etc).
Vic shuts down and doesn't return
Rat does not shut down (stays connected to multicast address)
I restart Audio and Video on venueclient and it properly connects to the proper bridge.

Also, when I switch venues, it does not work properly either.  When I switch venues, vic and rat
revert to the multicast addresses and no QuickBridge processes are started; however, the VenueClient
gui is still showing me as connected to the Bridge.  If I switch to Multicast, then switch back to
the bridge, I end up in a state as described above (rat on multicast, vic shut down) where I have to
restart the services to properly connect.

This behaviour seems to happen on either the WestGrid bridge or the Argonne bridge - so I suppose it
could be my VenueClient behaving poorly (AccessGrid-3.0-1.fc5). However, there are a couple of odd
entries in the Bridge.log file (attached):

05/03/06 14:28:30 -1209092432 ProcessManager     ProcessManager.py:39 INFO  Got sigchild for
unexpected process pid=29216
05/03/06 14:28:30 -1209092432 RegistryClient     RegistryClient.py:50 INFO  No bridge registry peers
reachable
05/03/06 14:30:08 -1209092432 ProcessManager     ProcessManager.py:39 INFO  Got sigchild for
unexpected process pid=29244
05/03/06 14:30:08 -1209092432 RegistryClient     RegistryClient.py:50 INFO  No bridge registry peers
reachable

Any thoughts?  Suggestions?

Todd