[AG-DEV] expierences with AG3.0 beta2

Matthew Clarkson matt at mail.netera.ca
Tue May 2 12:17:30 CDT 2006

Everything in the new version looks good, although, I did run into a few
problems.

Computer used.
    Windows XP
    Dual Athlon MP 1800+
    Dual Osprey 100 capture cards

After I had installed all the required software (and checking versions
as per the installation requirements) I was unable to connect to any
venueclient, it was timing out immediately after trying to connect.
Anyways,  I found that the solution to this problem was to install
python 2.3.5 (upgrade from 2.3.2), this is linked from the AG3.0 install
page; however, I thought I was good since I had Python 2.3.2 installed,
since it only specifies 2.3.  Can this be changed, from 2.3 -> 2.3.5 as
a requirement since other users may do the same as me in the future and
think that they are good to go with their AG2.4 python version.

To be more specific, here are the errors I was receiving in my log
(venueclient) before upgrading to 2.3.5

04/28/06 12:13:15 3028 VenueClient     venueclient.py:1176 ERROR
VenueClient.UpdateStream: Failed to connect to bridge WestGrid
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"c:\python23\lib\site-packages\accessgrid3\AccessGrid\VenueClient.py",
line 1172, in UpdateStream
    stream.location = qbc.JoinBridge(stream.networkLocations[0])
  File
"c:\python23\lib\site-packages\accessgrid3\AccessGrid\QuickBridgeClient.py",
line 23, in JoinBridge
    l = self.serverProxy.JoinBridge(multicastNetworkLocation)
  File "C:\Python23\lib\xmlrpclib.py", line 1032, in __call__
    return self.__send(self.__name, args)
  File "C:\Python23\lib\xmlrpclib.py", line 1319, in __request
    verbose=self.__verbose
  File "C:\Python23\lib\xmlrpclib.py", line 1065, in request
    self.send_content(h, request_body)
  File "C:\Python23\lib\xmlrpclib.py", line 1179, in send_content
    connection.endheaders()
  File "C:\Python23\lib\httplib.py", line 715, in endheaders
    self._send_output()
  File "C:\Python23\lib\httplib.py", line 600, in _send_output
    self.send(msg)
  File "C:\Python23\lib\httplib.py", line 567, in send
    self.connect()
  File "C:\Python23\lib\httplib.py", line 551, in connect
    raise socket.error, msg
error: (10060, 'Operation timed out')

The second problem which I have run into deals with dual video capture.
For both capture cards on my computer, I have it set up as follows

AudioService
VideoService
VideoProducerService

The VideoService runs perfect, with no problems.  However, When I want
to enable the 2nd video capture (through the VideoProducerService) I
can't simply disable and then re-enable my video to bring up the 2nd
capture (like I can with AG 2.x).  I must switch rooms to enable the 2nd
capture.

Other than these problems I have encountered, everything seems to run fine.

--
Matthew Clarkson