[AG-DEV] Segmerntation fault with SharedPresentation

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Fri Mar 17 03:53:20 CST 2006

Hi Claus,

> When trying to Open a SharedPresentation, ImpressViewer.py
> dies with a segmentation fault in resolver.resolve(..).
>
> Operating System: Fedora Core 4 i386 smp
> Hardware: AMD64-X2 dual core
> Access-Grid 2.4-6
>
> The stack is exactly like described in
> http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=31824 titled
> "XUnoUrlResolver crashes while resolving a URL".
>
> The solution for the problem in the post, which shows the
> crash using C++, is to obtain a GlobalMutex.
>
> This would obviously be different under python.
>
> Can anybody help? This is a show-stopper for shared presentations.

I'm not able to reproduce the problem. But, I'll see what I can do under
Python regarding the GlobalMutex when I get back to work on Monday.

Any bug fix will be incorporated into the newer compat-Accessgrid-2.4 RPM
from:
  http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/research/accessgrid/software/fedora/ag3/

The main problem I have with SharedPresentation is that it doesn't work in
slide-show mode with OpenOffice 2.0.

Cheers,
Doug