[AG-DEV] Bridge Pings

Todd Zimmerman toddz at sfu.ca
Fri Jun 30 12:09:17 CDT 2006

Just got a note from one of our AG3 users complaining that the venueclient was showing no bridges as
being available.

After a quick inspection, it appears the venueclient checks to see if the bridges are up by pinging
them.  By blocking inbound icmp packets, I can recreate the problem on my local box, so I assume
this is the issue.

This is a fairly major problem for some of our sites/campuses that block all inbound icmp traffic
(pings).  It effectively makes them unable to use AG3.

Is there any way to force AG3 to not attempt to ping the bridges?

Todd

--
Collaboration & Visualization Technician
WestGrid - www.westgrid.ca
Todd Zimmerman - toddz at sfu.ca