[AG-DEV] AG3 certificates

Christoph Willing willing at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Jan 18 23:50:02 CST 2006

I see that certificate management has been removed from
VenueClientUI.py with the comment:
	# - Disabled for 3.0: No client-side auth support

Initially I was looking for a way to request/retrieve/install user
certificates -  but it seems now that they're not needed. Well, after
deleting the certificate I was using (with certmgr.py), I find I can
still start the VenueClient. However the VenueServer won't start
without it.

At the moment then, if someone wanted a certificate, they'd have to
have an AG2 VenueClient installed to retrieve a certificate
(Certificate Manager can request it, certmgr could install it, but
there's no way to retrieve it after the request is approved).

What about the longer term? VenueClients will have, or will be able
to have, certificates eventually won't they?

chris

Christoph Willing                           +61 7 3365 8350
QPSF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland