[AG-DEV] icons

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Feb 22 20:21:06 CST 2006

Hi Colin and Steve,

>> I would be nice to do these in SVG to give scalable icons.

For the short term, I'll continue to use Adobe Illustrator and then use Gimp
to generate the lighting and aqua effects because I don't know how to do it
all in Illustrator (which can generate SVG). Once I figure it out in
Illustrator...

> Also, if you follow the guidelines here:
> http://tango-project.org/Tango_Icon_Theme_Guidelines
> then your icon won't look out-of-place on future Gnome and KDE desktops.
> Just a suggestion.

I'll have a look and if get I get some time and develop more experience with
Adobe Illustrator, I'll try to follow the guidelines and develop some
Gnome/KDE icons.

I have to redo the Mac OS X icon as the lightening was from the left rather
than the top, and the letters were too thin and looked a bit pale when
scaled down to the 128x128 thumbnail. The 16 x16 thumbnail also looked
horrible, probably better to use a plain red A and blue G for that size.

Cheers,
Doug