[AG-DEV] Access Grid CVS info

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 21 14:29:24 CST 2006

Some updates to information about the Access Grid CVS repository:

*Updated CVS instructions*
I've updated the instructions for accessing the AG CVS repository:

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/software/cvs.html

These instructions now relate only to AG3 and the related dependencies.
A link to the previous version of this page remains, for those interested
in the details of accessing the AG2 code in the CVS repository.  If you
find any errors on this page, I'd appreciate you letting us know.

*Python 2.4, M2Crypto 0.17, OpenSSL 0.9.8 required*
CVS currently relies on M2Crypto 0.17, which was released yesterday.
The AG CVS page has a link to the M2Crypto page, where you can
find information about getting the latest M2Crypto code.  For Windows
users, an installer for M2Crypto 0.17 is available here:
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~turam/m2crypto/M2Crypto-0.17.win32-py2.4.exe.
Note that the AG CVS code currently requires Python 2.4, at least on
Windows, because of some changes in the link requirements for
applications using OpenSSL 0.9.8.

*pyOpenSSL removed as dependency*
With improvements in M2Crypto, we have completed the migration
to M2Crypto as the sole Python interface to OpenSSL, so pyOpenSSL
is no longer required to run the CVS code.

*Migration to subversion in the near future*
We are currently planning a migration of the repository to subversion,
following the next release of the software.  If you have checked out
code from CVS, and would like to commit it before the transition,
you should do so sooner rather than later.

Tom