[AG-DEV] Some issues with secure/non-secure

Rhys Hawkins Rhys.Hawkins at anu.edu.au
Thu Apr 20 18:36:36 CDT 2006

I have some issues when trying to run my own VenueServer with AG
from CVS and I'd like to know if other people have these problems
or whether its a problem with my gentoo ebuilds.

1. VenueServer.py requires a certificate, and I can't run a VenueServer
insecurely. The old -i switch is gone and --secure=0 still asks for
a certificate. With --secure=0 it does run on http rather than https,
but I am unable to connect to it with either VenueClient or
VenueManagement when supplied with the --secure=0 argument.

2. When running a secure VenueServer I get 2 prompts for a passwd (
I don't have to enter it twice, I just get 2 prompts). They are:
  Verify passphrase:
  Certmgr passphrase:

3. When running VenueManagement and connecting to the server, I have
to enter my passphrase repeatedly in the shell from which I started
the UI. eg For the initial connection to the VenueServer, I get
six of the following prompts:
  Enter PEM pass phrase:
After entering the pass phrase each, the connection succeeds. I'm
using my certificate issued for AG24.

4. Can you still run the VenueClient with a certificate? I tried
using VenueClient3.py --secure=1 --personalNode=1, but it doesn't
ask for the pass phrase and fails to start the audio and video
services as it looks like the command line arguments passed to them
are incorrect, ie its giving --secure rather than --secure=1.
BTW, is there a reason why the personalNode option has changed from
a switch to an int option?

Cheers,
    Rhys