[AG-DEV] Using AuthorizationManager

Eric Olson eolson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 19 12:54:40 CDT 2005

Michael,
Looks like you've found a bug.  Here is another way to access a venue's
authorization manager:

-----
venueAuthUrl = venueUrl + "/Authorization"
from AccessGrid.Security.AuthorizationManager import \
         AuthorizationManagerIW
am = AuthorizationManagerIW(venueAuthUrl)
am.AddRole('HappyUsers')
-----

We normally wouldn't expect you to know a hardcoded path like
"/Authorization", but a related bug would prevent you from retrieving
that as well.  We'll fix these for future releases.

In case it helps with what you're working on, with the current release
there is a standalone UI for managing authorization. We've used it
mostly for testing, but please report bugs if you find any.

python AccessGrid/Security/wxgui/AuthorizationUI.py url/Authorization

That should work with servers, venues, and shared applications.

Eric