OSX 2.3 Beta with media tools

Eric Olson eolson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jan 28 17:28:06 CST 2005

Hi Everybody,
If you are getting this e-mail, you have expressed interest in testing the
mac release and/or are developers.  If you have a mac and have time to
test, could you try out this beta for OSX and let me know if you run into
any issues?  This release includes the same open source media tools we've
been using on other platforms.  It has been tested on very few machines at
this point, so if there are any fixes that warrant another beta build
early next week, I'll be glad to make one then.  We're planning the real
release about a week from today barring any major issues.

Requirements:
OS: OSX 10.3+

Please install the following prerequisites first:
wxPython
  http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wxpython/wxPythonOSX-2.5.1.5-panther-Py2.3.dmg
X11
 http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/x11/download/
Tcl/Tk
 http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/tcltkaqua/TclTkAqua-8.4.9.dmg?download
 http://tcltkaqua.sourceforge.net/

AGTk Package:  (Please rename or remove previous install first)
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/software/releases/2.3/macosx/AGTk-2.3b-beta.dmg.gz

Some quick notes:

Video:
  I've only been able to get iSight devices to send at this time
Audio:
  Encrypted venues may not work reliably yet.
  You'll need to set use your line-in/mic as you default audio
    device since the iSight audio isn't working yet.

Feel free to send questions -- especially if I've forgotten to mention
something.  I'll try to respond soon although I may not be online
much until after the weekend.

Thanks,
Eric