[AG-DEV] Filenames, Manifests and the DataStorage

Michael Braitmaier braitmaier at hlrs.de
Fri Aug 5 07:19:41 CDT 2005

Hello everyone!

Since quite some time I am now working on the hierarchical data tsructure
for the sahred data space of AccessGrid.
I achieved some results so far, but now it comes to the point where I want
to integrate an algorithm allowing duplicate files in different directories,
as well as access to the files from SharedApplications through denotation of
the fully qualified path and filename.
The basic idea is to append the unique GUID of the AccessGrid
FileDescription to the filename when storing it on the server, thus making
it unique.
For this reason I need to determine the point where to append the GUID. So
far I figured out that the manifest creates a dictionary that contains the
filename desired for storing the file. I wanted to modify the filename in
that dictionary. Yet it is not quite clear to me when the manifest is
created and where? I assume it to be created on the client side. Is there a
way to influence manifest creation?

Best Regards
Michael

Dipl.-Inf. Michael Braitmaier
HLRS - Visualization / Video Conferencing
University of Stuttgart
Germany
Website: http://www.hlrs.de/organization/vis/people/braitmaier/