FW: [Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 2.4 (final)

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 30 08:18:30 CST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: python-dev-bounces+judson=mcs.anl.gov at python.org
[mailto:python-dev-bounces+judson=mcs.anl.gov at python.org] On Behalf Of
Anthony Baxter
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 6:32 AM
To: python-list at python.org; python-announce at python.org;
python-dev at python.org
Subject: [Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 2.4 (final)

On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm happy
to announce the release of Python 2.4.

Python 2.4 is a final, stable release, and we can recommend that Python
users upgrade to this version.

Python 2.4 is the result of almost 18 month's worth of work on top of Python
2.3 and represents another stage in the careful evolution of Python. New
language features have been kept to a minimum, many bugs have been fixed and
a wide variety of improvements have been made.

Notable changes in Python 2.4 include improvements to the importing of
modules, generator expressions, function decorators, a number of new modules
(including subprocess, decimal and cookielib) and countless numbers of fixed
bugs and smaller enhancements. For more, see the
(subjective) highlights, the release notes, or Andrew Kuchling's What's New
In Python, all available from the 2.4 web page.

    http://www.python.org/2.4/

Please log any problems you have with this release in the SourceForge bug
tracker (noting that you're using Python 2.4):

    http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?group_id=5470

Enjoy the new (stable!) release,
Anthony

Anthony Baxter
anthony at python.org
Python Release Manager
(on behalf of the entire python-dev team)