mac effort

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 25 15:59:24 CDT 2004

There main place effort would be useful is in looking at getting the core
toolkit finished on the mac, and getting packaging sorted out.

Once this is done it's incremental work to build new pieces and add them
to the mac distribution.

I think the most effort needs to be applied to dealing with wxwidgets 2.5
and updating the UI's to work on the mac.  Then figure out how to build a
DMG file for the mac which would be produced by our standard build tools.

I think eric is in a position to do this the fastest and I  have been
hoping he could do this as his major task in the next development cycle,
which would begin when he gets back from his honeymoon and ends in august.
The month of July should be enough time for him to push this stuff through
and continue to help with the APS activities. Can the money at UofC cover
his effort for July and August?