AEC in windows

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Sat May 22 09:34:35 CDT 2004

From: Jay Stokes
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 1:36 PM
To: Henrique (Rico) Malvar; Todd Needham
Subject: RE: echo cancellation

Hi Todd,

In WinXP, AEC is exposed to applications via the DirectSoundFullDuplexCreate
API in DirectSound.  The API is documented in MSDN.  I created and
implemented the API in WinXP so I can answer questions for you.
Alternatively, you can contact Dugan Porter who
owns DirectSound in the product group.  In Longhorn, the plan is for the
DirectSoundFullDuplexCreate API to be removed from the OS and AEC will be
exposed to applications via a Media Foundation DMO.

Note on XP, AEC only handles 16 kHz, mono playback and only captures from a
mono capture source.