BridgeServer config changes

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Mar 28 23:16:52 CST 2004

Changes I've made for this release include a change to the bridgeserver
config file to the following:

# Overall bridge server configuration, including
# a port range that bridges should use
[BridgeServer]
name = Argonne
location = Chicago
qbexec = /usr/bin/QuickBridge
portMin = 20000
portMax = 24000

# A single venue with audio and video ports specified
[https://localhost:8000/Venues/default]
type = Venue
portMin = 24000
portMax = 24004

# A whole venue server
[https://localhost:8000/VenueServer]
type = VenueServer

This puts bridgeserver options, specification of multiple
venues/venueservers, and the ports to use in a single file, whereas
before it could be as many as three files.  The one issue I see is
specification of ports _per media_ ; based on experience and comparison
with other tools (the msb), how important is this option?  It should
only be used outside of the AG2 software, so shouldn't be that
important, but I wanted to point it out.  Let me know, too, if you see
any other issues.

Tom