Notes from Sura/ViDe

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 26 00:45:57 CST 2004

Here are some notes from the Sura/ViDe conference.  Overall I think
these people are concerned with a different set of requirements than we
are, particularly casual one-to-one media-only conferencing.  They are
becoming more interested in data collaboration, which brings them closer
to us.  Their video generally outpaces ours, which requires us to play
catch-up.

I missed a couple of promising sessions because they coincided with the
AG/Multicast session:

    Digital Video in Library and Archives
    Extreme Video

I expect slides will be available online before long at:

    http://www.vide.net/conferences/spr2004/program.shtml

Tom