Fwd: [AG-TECH] Announce: VP - a replacement for vic

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 3 08:08:24 CST 2004

I tried it on my windows desktop.  Apparently, the video is done through
OpenGL texture mapping; the G400 in my desktop is not sufficient for
this, so VP saturated the cpu.  They do have some work to do in
usability, but it looks cool.  The grouping of streams ought to be
helpful, but it assumes that each site will have one primary stream (the
others are shown smaller).