building pyGlobus under windows

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 2 15:09:49 CST 2004

Hey Matt,

Sorry I didn't get to this before now. Ugh.

What I've done is the following:

Grab bob gaffaney's latest code from http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/~gaffaney/;
Unzip it somewhere.
Check out pyglobus from cvs.

Then these two files matter:

- globus-makefile-header.py (put it in the bin of the winglobus dir)
- the attached modified pyglobus setup.py

Then you should be able to do normal pyglobus build stuff. The only caveat
is that there are various header files that didn't get copied to the
winglobus/include dir, so when the build fails you have to go copy them by
hand. I don't have a list of them handy, but it's only about 7 files total.

--Ivan

I've also attached a large zip of my environment in case that helps. Ok, I
didn't attach it, it's 33M, it's at http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~judson/wg.zip