more meeting problems

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 30 09:48:50 CDT 2004

things were going fine until it appeared that the multicast to bielefeld
was broken.

Tried to swithc to unicast in the ncsa venue, but that didn't work (perhaps
firewall there).

Moved to windmer. They switched to unicast, but apparently it didnt' really
switch to unicast -- venue client said "unicast" but the tools were using
the multicast address. By the time we'd figured this we'd bagged the
meeting. again.

I also had the venue lcient in the ws drop me from the venue repeatedly.

we really need a standard text chat mechanism that is completely out of the
venue world; we keep getting uttelry cut off. unfortunately this week the
guy who I usually talk to over IRC wasn't there.