ag 2.3 capability negotiation -- when?

Susanne Lefvert lefvert at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 15 15:37:01 CDT 2004

Hello Stuart,

I agree, the ideal design would allow clients to do capability-matching on
the fly.  This could probably be done by adding an additional method to
the venue SOAP interface that would let clients negotiate capabilites
separate from the venue enter operation.  My plan is to first implement
the simpler version of the design, that would require participants to
disconnect and reconnect before any changes take place, and then extend
it to be more flexible.

Thank you very much for your comments.

Susanne