FW: Rendezvous between subnets?

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jul 6 09:07:25 CDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: rendezvous-admin at lists.apple.com
[mailto:rendezvous-admin at lists.apple.com] On Behalf Of Marc Krochmal
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2004 9:32 PM
To: James G. Speth
Cc: rendezvous at lists.apple.com
Subject: Re: Rendezvous between subnets?

Hi Jim,

> Are there any references available now about the extended strategy?
> Also, did anyone put their session notes online?  My googling has only
> turned up comments about the cross-platform Rendezvous release, but
> I'd really like to find out what else was discussed at the session.

The basic strategy involves using standard DNS unicast queries for browsing,
and Dynamic DNS Update for registration.  Along with that, we've proposed
two new extensions to DNS.  One for doing long-lived queries and one for
doing garbage collection of stale resource records.
  Finally, we proposed a new NAT port mapping protocol.

Here's the three specs.

<http://files.dns-sd.org/draft-dns-llq-00.txt>
<http://files.dns-sd.org/draft-dns-update-leases-00.txt>
<http://files.dns-sd.org/draft-nat-port-mapping-00.txt>

We hope to have final versions of the specs around the time that Tiger
ships.

Best Regards,

-Marc

> On Jun 30, 2004, at 4:42 PM, Marc Krochmal wrote:

>>> Roger, will the minutes of that conference be available to the
>>> public?
>>
>> The minutes won't be available, but all the information from the
>> conference will be public after Friday.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> -Marc
Help/Unsubscribe/Archives: