Certificate Management stuff

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 28 13:09:44 CST 2004

> At 11:58 AM 1/28/2004, Ivan R. Judson wrote:
>
> >Makes a lot of sense, but I think the current priority would be the
> >next release work. Can you work on this first set of changes? The
> >online stuff needs to be kicked around (ie discussed among
> the group)
> >more before we start putting effort into it.
>
> I think it's critical to have support ready to do the online
> CA work, it's just too damn hard for people to get traction
> with the current requirements for having certificates on
> every machine.

There are solutions to the "certificate on every machine" that can alleviate
the problem without doing the online ca thing, right? What are those
solutions? Have you looked at what's already available in the pyGlobus
MyProxy interfaces?

I guess all I'm saying is there is a lot of discussion that needs to happen,
discussion before cvs commits is always good, especially when it's used to
gain support for your development plans. That one of the main points of
having the AGEP process, we need to convince each other, during that process
many opportunities for improving our plans may be exposed. I'm not against
your plan, just want to make sure it's the best one before I can say, "yeah,
that's the way to go."

> Like I said; the first set of changes is largely in place
> already but we need to get newer pyGlobus (with the
> exceptions support) in place for people or it will break; I'd
> rather not add code to handle both old and new pyGLobus.

This is something Matt is working on, right? Are you keeping in synch with
him so this enables you as quickly as possible?