help with vic firewall issue

Eric Olson eolson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Feb 16 13:40:19 CST 2004

Nope, the sending socket is created and bound (and does call connect)
before the receive socket is created and bound.

Tom suggested looking at rat, since it seems to work through the
firewall.  -- and I don't think vic creates any more connections than rat.

It looks to me like rat is listening on UDP, but I don't see any
explicit UDP connections.  Does that mean the UDP connect() is not really
necessary?

Eric