[CVS AccessGrid] msvcr71.dll:Updating for windows, now 7.1 works (ms tools)

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 27 14:10:48 CDT 2004

btw, I finally grokked a way (in the netlevel context) to make it not
necessary to ship this. if you convince *all* of your software to agree to
build with non-DLL linkage (in the code generation options), you eliminate
the dependency on the msvcr dll's. It also eliminates the thing that has
been there for a long time in the vic code where we had to force-link to
overcome multiply defined symbols - these come from clashes in code
generation options between the app and the libraries it's compiling against.

--bob