Certificate Management Tasks

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 8 15:25:09 CDT 2004

Hey,

After chatting with Eric and Tom about trying to eliminate X509_name objects
from floating around where we want subjects we've come up with a solution.
I'm going to make the toolkit do some makeshift wrapping, creating
Toolkit.GetDefaultIdentity() => Subject instance. Right now somehow someone
is getting the certmgr.GetDefaultIdentity() and using that as a subject, but
it's not.

Two things:

1) can you make certmgr.GetDefaultIdentity() return a Subject instead of the
swig'd data below?
2) can you write a test (or tests, or test suite) that we can use to verify
that changes to cert mgmt don't break things? This is obviously an
instantaneous problem we'll work around for now, since you're gone, but we'd
like to avoid it later too.