New development box

Ti Leggett leggett at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Oct 25 12:30:45 CDT 2003

I've built a new development box that will become the new vv2. I hope to
have it installed in the BMR racks before I leave today, but I might not
get to it. Differences you might (or might not) notice:

- 512 MB RAM
- Bigger disk with a bigger /home
- Dual processor (550MHz x 2)
- Only members of the ag-core netgroup can login
- Will be on UPS

No AG packages are managed by sanity, so you have to install whatever
you want on there. Keep in mind, though, that all other RPMs and many
cfg files are managed by sanity, so if you make changes that you want to
stick and you're not sure, let me know so I can make sure they're
persistent. I guess you're wondering what this machine's name is aren't
you?

ag-dev.mcs.anl.gov

You may start migrating data off of vv2 to this machine if you like.
Thanks!