Document Process Update

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 14 14:01:53 CDT 2003

> I think I'm up to date on manuals, given that:

Cool.

> I don't see what it means for cert mgmt and access control
> documents to be
> merged; they address different topics, and

Certificate management needs to have a clear complete design document, the
data structures in the certificate management are probably common to
authorization so either the two can be one (because of shared data objects)
or they can be two with redundant data objects. That doesn't matter much,
the most important thing is that the design documents be complete with
respect to the implementation we have in cvs so that we can move ahead
clearly in the next cycle. If you want to keep them as two docs, that's
fine, but I was figuring authorization was small enough (and related to
security enough) that you could merge them and it would still be clear...

> Right now, I think it's more important to make headway on
> apps stuff for SC
> demos than to convert over the datastore doc from tex/pdf to
> word; when the
> programmer's manual activity gains traction I'll get it
> switched over, and
> will thus only have to reformat once.

I can agree with that. No big deal.