Document Process Update

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Oct 3 17:07:24 CDT 2003

Howdy,

We currently have a few types of documents:

Architecture Documents (These should all be word docs, with visio)
Design Documents       (These  should all be word docs, with visio)
			     (Example Outline in DesignOutline.doc and
Template in AGDesign.dot)
How-To Documents	     (These should all be word docs)
Implementation Notes   (These can be anything, they aren't for public
consumption really,
				but remember, not everyone has every
tool...I don't have latex,
				I do have pdf :-)
Manuals		     (These should all be in word)

In order to close our last few issues on this cycle, I'd like us to get our
design documents in synch with our current code. In order for that to
happen, I'd like it if the following writing assignments were completed by
the end of next week:

Document				Author	Action
Virtual Venues Design		Ivan		Incorporate Event Service
doc
Venue Client Design		Susanne	Incorporate Personal Node Design
Venue Management Design		Susanne
Data Store Design			Eric
Bridge Server Design		Tom
Node Management Design		Tom		Incorporate Personal Node
Design
Certificate Management		Bob		Merge Certificate Management
and Access Control Notes
Datastore Client 			Bob		Converted to word,
to be part of future programmers manual.
Toolkit Core Design		Ivan		Convert Toolkit config and
init doc

Looking at CVS, we have more documents than this, which is good ;-). But, we
do need to consolidate some, the documents that are being merged can be
removed from cvs. If there are remaining implementation details that would
be lost, they should be put in an implementation notes document.

Thanks, we're so close to finishing this cycle I can taste it :-)