vic & affinity

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 24 13:23:15 CST 2003

Oh yeah; when I did the performance test to compare openmash vic with ag-vic
I used this to "pin" each to a cpu of a dual cpu box. They come out +/-5% of
each other on average. No stability problems for 5+ days for either of them.

I'm not sure I'd still propose moving to OM vic; but I would like to keep
the headless vic part of it around, unless we find an alternative. I'm not
particularly happy with the state of openmash stuff at the moment.