Library Gentner/wiring

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 10 16:50:51 CST 2003

I've been working with Robert Putnam to get his positional audio/window
highlighting code working here and then integrate it into AG2.  As part
of this, Ivan and I made some changes in the library Gentner config and
wiring.  I'm summarizing this so no one is surprised to "discover" the
changes later:

-  the PC audio output comes out of the level matcher with both
channels, and goes into the Gentner on two separate channels
-  the speakers are wired to separate channels (instead of both being
wired to one channel)
-  the Gentner config has been changed to output each channel to one speaker
-  the Gentner config was cleaned up somewhat

These changes don't impact the normal operation of the node, but do
enable the positional audio to be heard.  I'll be integrating this into
the audio service, hoping to be able to show this (along with window
highlighting) at SC.

Tom