Plans for the week

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Sat May 31 22:09:21 CDT 2003

Good job on the release of AGTk 2.0!

Now that AG2.0 is officially released, I'd like us to take a breather and
get all of our documents up to date wrt the release. It's an unfortunate
reality that time squeezes these to the back of the line, but we have to
keep them up to date.

I'd like us to plan for some more formal development in the 2.1 cycle. That
is, we can follow something like:

- Identify a problem in the current software (in the documents too!)
- design a solution (in document form)
- vett the solution in the group
- implement the solution
- update documents

While we're working on documents, I'd like everyone to be making a list of
issues they have identified in 2.0 that need to be addressed. Also, a list
of new functionality that you feel needs to be added.

Further, I'd like each of us to think about what we can do to improve the
group performance. This is a social task, not a technical one, and it's
difficult. We all have room for improvement, but I'd like us to focus this
summer on better communication -- open, honest communication is imperitive
to our success, so let's practice.

Cheers,