Status on EventClient Exceptions

Susanne Lefvert lefvert at mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 12 12:53:09 CDT 2003

If an EventClientConnectionException occurs, the client will not be able
to enter the venue and an error dialog will be displayed.

I'm not sure where and how to handle EventClientReadDataExceptions that
are thrown in the Run method of EventClient, this method is never called
by the UI and I will not receive those exceptions.

EventClientWriteDataExceptions are caught in AccessGrid.VenueClient when
we are doing an eventClient.Send in following methods:

EnterVenue - fails and the user is notified with a message
ExitVenue - do nothing but catch the exception since this happens all the
time
Heartbeat - do nothing but catch the exception

Let me know if you want other behaviours

/Susanne