My room is gone

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 18 14:54:03 CST 2003

It's getting increasingly more likely they will remain, and I'd like to give
you a hard date, however currently server related bugs or errors that cause
corruption in the persistence means rebuilding venues.  That's what caused
your stuff to disappear.  If we can build a script (which is on my list of
things to do) to recreate the venues from the cached information cleanly
then this will be fixed.

I'm hoping to be able to give you a better answer by the end of the week.

--Ivan

PS -- Justin's ponit however is still valid, currently there's nothing
stopping someone else from deleting your files but good behavior.  That's
something I'm hoping we can get fixed before final too.