App stuff

Terry Disz disz at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 13 10:14:14 CST 2003

Regarding point number 2, I understand that join/leave is the venue
mechanism that gives applications the ability to maintain general state (as
in current slide number in a ppt app, or vector list in a shared drawing
program, etc) and a general mechanism to pass it on to users that join an
app in progress, much like "enter" gives venue state to a client entering a
venue. This seems a very good and useful thing to me, especially for the
general class of shared app where users need state when they join to get
current with everyone else.

Terry