VenueClient restructure

Susanne Lefvert lefvert at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 24 09:03:35 CDT 2003

I've been thinking about inheritance and not inheritance between
bin.VenueClient and AccessGrid.VenueClient and would like to argue for
inheritance :) If we remove inheritance, both classes will have to have an
instance of the other class.  Events will be received by AccessGrid.VenueClient, which
have to call bin.VenueClient and a button event will be received in
bin.VenueClient that will call AccessGrid.VenueClient.  If we remove
inheritance, both classes must have callback methods for the other
class to use.  If we then add a new client (non ui based or something
else), it will have to implement all callback methods instead of just
overriding necessary methods from AccessGrid.VenueClient.

It would be nice to add a section to the document that gives motivation
to the suggested design changes.  And maybe more sequence diagrams to
make it clearer (what we have now compared to how we want to change it).

Susanne