planning

Justin Binns binns at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 5 10:09:44 CDT 2003

The big things off the top of my head for AG 2.x (I'll let you decide
which number goes in 'x') are:

1) Automatic bridging/network failover
	- need to consider UI for this carefully, to try to avoid making
	  DOS side-effects too easy.  Think 16 (or 6) people at NIU all
	  using automatic bridging and saturating their uplink.

2) Better datastore/data management
	- directory structure (i.e., folders/'collections')
	- programmatic access without being a full-fledged Venue Client
	- some means to provide standard http/https access to a specific
	  datastore (on a per-venue basis, ideally)
	- Access rights on a per-file (and per-directory) basis

3) Database storage within a venue
	- The ability to store/create/interact with SQL tables in a Venue
	  in some way.
	- This is something several user communities have expressed
	  special interest in.

4) Of course, stability, testing, documentation

Maybe more later ;-)

Justin