Access Grid -- one very basic question

Mary Fritsch fritsch at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jul 31 16:58:18 CDT 2003

Noah,

Thanks for your interest in our technology.  Most of our documentation can
be found under these
pages:  http://www.accessgrid.org/agdp/documentation-index.html

However specifics on building a node would appear here:
http://www.accessgrid.org/agdp/guide/building-an-access-grid-node/2.4.6/html/book1.html

As you might have gathered, we are currently shifting to Access Grid 2.0
software, but building the node and equipment specifications are not
affected by this software implementation.

With over 200 nodes that we know of build and operating, there are just as
many setups possible.  If you haven't already, I would subscribe to our
technical mailing list - ag-tech at mcs.anl.gov.
It affords you the possibility of bouncing ideas and specific questions off
of over 400 fellow technical users and developers of the AG.

Mary

At 02:04 PM 7/31/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Dear Dr. Fritsch:
>
>I found your name listed on the Access Grid site as Support Coordinator and
>I'm taking the liberty of writing you with my question. We are working to
>install three Access Grid sites (here in Vancouver BC) as part of our
>bioinformatics training program. One of the sites will be installed in a
>building that has not yet been completed, and we have some leeway with
>respect to creating a room in which the site will be installed.
>
>My question is: What's the best/optimum size/shape of room for an Access
>Grid site?
>
>I must say that I found an extraordinary wealth of information on the site
>about almost everything imaginable -- the efforts of you and your team are
>extremely thorough and my technical folks report that they are very happy
>with all the information. I'm only sorry to be asking a "root-level"
>question that I couldn't find addressed on your site, which in every other
>respect is extremely thorough and explicit.
>
>Your earliest attention to this would be much appreciated -- we have
>architects waiting for your answer. Many thanks in advance for your kind
>attention. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or
>problems.
>
>Yours very truly,
>Noah Stewart
>
>Noah Stewart
>Program Coordinator
>Strategic Training Program in Bioinformatics
>a partnership among the CIHR, MSFHR and Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
>
>Genome Sciences Centre
>BC Cancer Agency
>600 West 10th Avenue
>Vancouver, British Columbia
>Canada V5Z 4E6
>604 707 5803 (direct)
>http://bioinformatics.bcgsc.bc.ca

mary fritsch . futures lab . mcs . argonne national lab . 630 252 5297