SOAP interop

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 30 14:34:15 CST 2003

> Using schemas and wsdl don't get around the problem of having
> to clearly
> define the data types we are passing; it just changes the way
> they are
> described.

Agreed, but we don't have to write serializers if someone else (eg,
pyglobus) is already working on them.  It's just a matter of understanding
how to use what they have, according to them.  Our data structures *are*
well understood, our choice is to not bother writing serializers when we're
planning on using wsdl/schemas, hence the pyGlobus serializers anyhow.

The interop question is more for pyGlobus than us, since we're just writing
stuff over pyGLobus web services -- our stuff is transport independent (if
only logicallly).