FW: pyGlobus proxy support

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 16 17:01:49 CST 2003

This isn't silly.

There's no supported migration path between the two that globus provides.
They're abandoning support for GT2 at some point, then we'll move over. We
have production requirements, they can't support those yet in GT3. When they
can, we'll migrate.  Meanwhile we've designed our use of Globus to make it
easier for us to migrate.

We'll see how well we succeed, but the track record of getting support on
the tools is miserable. In fact winglobus is only being supported for us and
one other group -- it's not even being release to anyone; we have to do the
release engineering. It's a significant amount of work (that we're doing) to
make what is given to us by Globus and make it work. Now they don't even
have a windows person to help.