Node Setup Wizard

Susanne Lefvert lefvert at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 4 11:18:04 CST 2003

Jennifer,

I added some text to the Room-BasedNode-HOWTO doc but it hasn't been
reviewed and I believe it is not added to CVS yet. However, it might give
you some ideas on what to write in your docs.

Now to your question. The node setup wizard creates node configurations
that you can save and use for quick startup later. It will not overwrite
an already created configuration unless you give them the same name.
However, if your node is running and you connect to it using the node
setup wizard, it will shut down services on that node (vic and rat).  So
it is not recommended to use the node setup wizard on machines that are
currently in a meeting. If you happen to do so, just restart your node and
everything should work as before.

If you save the configuration as default configuration, then the setup
will be started automatically when you start the venue client in personal
node mode (always on windows).

I hope this helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions.

Susanne