Post Meeting Updates: GT and Cycle Time Lines

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 3 10:01:16 CST 2003

Howdy,

After our meeting some minor things changed that everyone should be aware of
so we can move ahead quickly. First and foremost, we're going to be only
planning on two major releases a year and those releases are scheduled for
March 1 and September 1. That bounds the amount of stuff we can get in in
any given release reasonably clearly.

It means our "next" cycle is half as long as we discussed, so we should
start writing ag extension proposals now to get fed into that cycle. We'll
follow the python extension proposal model at first (so we don't have to
create a new one) and see how it goes.

Second, I chatted with Steve T. about timelines and such. There are some
things happening that are causing the GT3.2 release date to possibly shift.
No matter what happens it will not meet our needs for March 1. So we need to
discuss what to do about that.

Anyhow, that's the news.