APAN meeting summary and slides

Thomas D. Uram turam at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 28 12:56:27 CDT 2003

Here's a brief summary of the AG activity at the APAN meeting in Korea
this week:

Aside from my presentation, the Korean guys did a hands-on installation
of AG2.0, and got more than 20 people running the software and into the
KISTI venue on the TVS.  It all went very well, and people were pretty
satisfied.

Then seven AP nations reported status on AG activities.  Slides are at
http://apan.net/meetings/busan03/materials/ws/ag , with the exception of
China.  Also, the Malaysian talk was all Grid and no AccessGrid.

Here are some highlights:

*Korea, J-KIST, JongWon Kim*
Integrating DVTS in video producer service
*
Australia, ANU, Markus Buchhorn*
Replacement for vic decoder with layout and mbus interface
Unicast bridge with http interface and stream selection
H323 gateway

*Taiwan, NCHC, Kevin Chang*
Installed AccessGrid in Taiwan hospitals
Mostly used SDR as interface for doctors; did _not_ develop a
lightweight venue client (their requirement was to have something
working within 3 days)
Working on distance learning

I pointed JongWon in the right direction for his 2.0 integration work,
and talked with Markus about their efforts; Markus stands to contribute
a lot.

Tom