Mud log from etf meeting

Bob Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 23 12:45:35 CDT 2002

this is from the morning; terra rebooted so I lost the scrollback from the
rest of the day.

--bob

You wave.
USDAG arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
rdo2 gets coffee & heads to workshop
nsf-ag-admin says, "hello all... we have quite a crowd already.. :)"
nsf-ag-admin says, "wish they came an hour from now when the mtg starts :)"
USDAG leaves for the lobby.
darin at ncar arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
purdue arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
llim arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
jennifer-new arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
llim leaves for the lobby.
agoper arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
olson arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
agoper has disconnected.
mgates at sdsc arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
mgates at sdsc waves
mgates at sdsc says, "are all the ppts up to date on the website? (will there be any more
    added?)"
renambot arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
nsf-ag-admin says, "NO.. third SET... will be ready before break if I am lucky...\"
nsf-ag-admin says, "NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT :)"
jennifer-new waves.
llim arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
>nsf-, hey mary, how ya doin
You [to nsf-ag-admin]: hey mary, how ya doin
[8:59am]
jennifer-new waves to nsf-ag-admin.
unmag arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
USDAG arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
agoper's friends arrive to cart em off to bed.
USDAG leaves for the lobby.
renambot says, ""
lwbelknap arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
unmag has disconnected.
mgates at sdsc says, "how many slides are there available right now? (I have 4 sets)"
NSF2 arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
nobles arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
aks arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
mgates at sdsc says, "also, is the dppt master online yet?"
smgallo at ccr arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
nsf-ag-admin says, "master is up for FREEMAN"
>wa
You wave.
You say, "folks need to remember to drop back to a single video stream"
mgates at sdsc has two because Greg Moses will be connecting via VTC unit. (fyi)
>nd mg
You nod to mgates at sdsc.
aks waves to you.
You say, "vrije, UNL have multiples"
unmag's friends arrive to cart em off to bed.
osc arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
USDAG arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
psc-ag-admin arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
rdo2 reminds folks the agenda URL is in the description of this room, type "look" to see it
>look
The Jack Frost Room
The Jack Frost conference room.
aks, USDAG, and psc-ag-admin are here.  nsf-ag-admin, mgates at sdsc, and osc are distracted.
    jennifer-new, renambot, lwbelknap, NSF2, nobles, and smgallo at ccr are daydreaming.
    gestes at ncsa, dgatchell, PennState, jtilson, mjbennett, darin at ncar, purdue, olson, and
    llim are dozing.  dougb is off in another world.
rdo2 wup
You say, "agenda is in the other room"
You say, "hang on"
>walk to windmer
The Access Grid Lobby
UoM is here, daydreaming.  ufphysics is dozing.  dsl at anl, ag_lanl, Wizard, ucalgary,
    cgreenhalgh, KU, motlabs, ORNL, agtech_EVL, and Deji are off in another world.
The Windmer Room
The Windmer conference room.
A sign here says, `Topic: agenda is at http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/etf/agenda.htm, server is
    agdisplay.cise-nsf.gov'
greenfield is here, daydreaming.  jeffunm, mary, richardc, Bill, mwelmore, and rlang are
    off in another world.
You have arrived.
The Windmer Room
The Windmer conference room.
A sign here says, `Topic: agenda is at http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/etf/agenda.htm, server is
    agdisplay.cise-nsf.gov'
greenfield is here, daydreaming.  jeffunm, mary, richardc, Bill, mwelmore, and rlang are
    off in another world.
>kick sign
You kick the topic sign down. The groundskeeper whisks it away.
>walk to jack frost
The Access Grid Lobby
UoM is here, daydreaming.  ufphysics is dozing.  dsl at anl, ag_lanl, Wizard, ucalgary,
    cgreenhalgh, KU, motlabs, ORNL, agtech_EVL, and Deji are off in another world.
The Jack Frost Room
The Jack Frost conference room.
aks, USDAG, and psc-ag-admin are here.  mgates at sdsc and osc are distracted.  nsf-ag-admin,
    jennifer-new, renambot, lwbelknap, NSF2, nobles, and smgallo at ccr are daydreaming.
    gestes at ncsa, dgatchell, PennState, jtilson, mjbennett, darin at ncar, purdue, olson, and
    llim are dozing.  dougb is off in another world.
You have arrived.

You summon the groundskeeper, who drops a topic sign off.  You write `agenda is at
    http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/etf/agenda.htm, server is' on a slip of paper and put it on
    the sign.
You cover the topic sign reading `agenda is at http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/etf/agenda.htm,
    server is' with a slip of paper reading `agenda is at
    http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/etf/agenda.htm, server is agdisplay.cise-nsf.gov'.
USDAG says, "Good Morning!"
agtech_EVL arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
Carpenter arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
[9:10am]
cacr-ag arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
osc says, "You sound okay to OSC""
CHPC_UTAH arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
jennifer-new dops back to one video stream
mgates at sdsc says, "Most speakers will be from NSF?"
jennifer-new starts the client
jtilson says, " That agenda URL is 404"
The Jack Frost Room
The Jack Frost conference room.
A sign here says, `Topic: agenda is at http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/etf/agenda.htm, server is
    agdisplay.cise-nsf.gov'
jtilson is here.  jennifer-new and mgates at sdsc are distracted.  aks, osc, USDAG,
    psc-ag-admin, agtech_EVL, Carpenter, cacr-ag, and CHPC_UTAH are daydreaming.
    nsf-ag-admin, gestes at ncsa, dgatchell, PennState, mjbennett, darin at ncar, purdue, olson,
    renambot, llim, lwbelknap, NSF2, nobles, and smgallo at ccr are dozing.  dougb is off in
    another world.
jennifer-new [to jtilson]: remove the comma at the end (it messed me up too)
>topic agenda is at http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/etf/agenda.htm server is agdisplay.cise-nsf.gov
You cover the topic sign reading `agenda is at http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/etf/agenda.htm,
    server is agdisplay.cise-nsf.gov' with a slip of paper reading `agenda is at
    http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/etf/agenda.htm server is agdisplay.cise-nsf.gov'.
The Jack Frost Room
The Jack Frost conference room.
A sign here says, `Topic: agenda is at http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/etf/agenda.htm server is
    agdisplay.cise-nsf.gov'
jtilson and jennifer-new are here.  mgates at sdsc is distracted.  aks, osc, USDAG,
    psc-ag-admin, agtech_EVL, Carpenter, cacr-ag, and CHPC_UTAH are daydreaming.
    nsf-ag-admin, gestes at ncsa, dgatchell, PennState, mjbennett, darin at ncar, purdue, olson,
    renambot, llim, lwbelknap, NSF2, nobles, and smgallo at ccr are dozing.  dougb is off in
    another world.
>sm
You smile.
darin at ncar says, "could you try a couple slide changes?"
osc says, "yup""
[9:20am]
mgates at sdsc says, "dppt server will be the same all day long?"
U-Ky arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
Internet2 arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
mgates at sdsc says, "can I get another slide change real quick?"
cacr-ag says, "which presentation are we running?"
>whois lbnl
LBNL(#328) who has never connected, is
DebA(#651), last on Tue Jul  3 18:04:29 2001 CDT, is DAAgarwal at lbl.gov
Frisbee(#743) who has never connected, is tjligocki at lbl.gov
kenss(#783) who has never connected, is KSSchwartz at lbl.gov
wes(#840), last on Fri Jan 18 16:16:12 2002 CST, is wklau at lbl.gov
LBL-AG(#1068), last on Sun Jul 14 12:42:31 2002 CDT, is jshalf at lbl.gov
mjbennett(#1093), idle 35 minutes in the Jack Frost Room, is mjbennett at lbl.gov
parry(#1104) who has never connected, is pjrhusbands at lbl.gov
lbldeba(#1144), last on Wed Sep 18 10:52:01 2002 CDT, is DAAgarwal at lbl.gov
cristina(#1157) who has never connected, is cesiegerist at lbl.gov
csiegerist(#1161), last on Thu Jul 25 10:55:22 2002 CDT, is cesiegerist at lbl.gov
lbl_phonebooth(#1183), idle 16 hours in the Test Room, is from
StuLoken(#1199) who has never connected, is scloken at lbl.gov
NERSC-AG(#1224) who has never connected, is zsmccunney at lbl.gov
lwbelknap(#1260), idle 20 minutes in the Jack Frost Room, is lwbelknap at lbl.gov
mwelmore(#1261), idle 15 hours in the Windmer Room, is mwelmore at lbl.gov
apinar(#1267) who has never connected, is apinar at lbl.gov
phonebooth_lbl(#1388) who has never connected, is wklau at lbl.gov
erritenour(#1865), last on Tue Aug 13 17:02:02 2002 CDT, is erritenour at lbl.gov
GRBell(#1917) who has never connected, is GRBell at lbl.gov
gbell(#1946), last on Tue Sep 10 17:08:43 2002 CDT, is GRBell at lbl.gov
The Jack Frost Room
The Jack Frost conference room.
A sign here says, `Topic: agenda is at http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/etf/agenda.htm server is
    agdisplay.cise-nsf.gov'
mgates at sdsc, cacr-ag, and Internet2 are here.  osc and U-Ky are distracted.  jtilson,
    darin at ncar, and jennifer-new are daydreaming.  nsf-ag-admin, gestes at ncsa, dgatchell,
    PennState, mjbennett, purdue, olson, renambot, llim, lwbelknap, NSF2, nobles, aks,
    smgallo at ccr, USDAG, psc-ag-admin, agtech_EVL, Carpenter, and CHPC_UTAH are dozing.
    dougb is off in another world.
You say, "anyone from LBNL in here?"
You say, "crap"
You say, "we're not seing LBNL again"
USDAG says, "We're seeing slide one here at USD, could you change to #2 and back?"
lwbelknap [to you]: we are rebooting again
>lwb, wonders why you keep rebooting
You [to lwbelknap]: wonders why you keep rebooting
You say, "anyway, it looked like you were being seen at nsf, but we couldn't see you"
nsf-ag-admin says, "LBNL.. one video stream.. thanks."
nsf-ag-admin says, "stop captures from video machine.."
nsf-ag-admin says, "MASTER OF FREEMAN IS UP.. PLEASE DOWNLOAD AGAIN.. IT WAS EDITED."
nsf-ag-admin says, "around 9:30 this morning.."
darin at ncar says, "client is up, please change slides when ready"
LeslieSouthern arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
myk arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
>lwb, is your audio up?
You [to lwbelknap]: is your audio up?
lwbelknap says, "we just rebooted.  Can you see us now."
You say, "do folks see lbnl audio in rat?"
jtilson says, " Buffalo muted -- do you here the noice still?"
[9:30am]
jtilson says, " noise not noice :)"
darin at ncar says, "I see lbnl in rat"
jennifer-new sees somebody in amsterdam who looks suspiciously like tony r
agtech_EVL says, "I see lbnl-ag""
You say, "okay, we're having esnet probelms again"
jennifer-new [to you]: i see lbnl audio in rat
agtech_EVL pokes jennifer-new.
eland arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
testutah arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
jennifer-new [to agtech_EVL]: sure, what's up?
Internet2 leaves for the lobby.
You heh.
rdo2 hears lbl echoing from somewhere, but not directly
rdo2 heads out for a quick sec, will be right back
USDAG has reconnected.
USDAG leaves for the lobby.
greenfield arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
testutah has disconnected.
testutah has connected.
testutah leaves for the lobby.
testutah arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
Internet2 arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
mjbennett leaves for the lobby.
mjbennett arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
testutah leaves for the lobby.
Internet2 leaves for the lobby.
Internet2 arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
QUB arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
jennifer-new heads down the hall, will be back in a few minutes
darin at ncar says, "person speaking to Jim is a bit distorted"
USDAG arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
mgates at sdsc says, "can I get a Dppt slide change real quick when you get a chance?"
nsf-ag-admin says, "EVL do you have attendees?  I don't have you on the list"
USDAG leaves for the lobby.
testutah arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
jtilson says, " Caltech sounds pretty good to us."
jtilson says, "U Texas is low to Buffalo"
mgates at sdsc says, "texas is low to SDSC as well"
renambot says, "same here"
>nsf-ag, will we be able to master ian slides here?
You [to nsf-ag-admin]: will we be able to master ian slides here?
mgates at sdsc doesn't see caltech video... but can hear them
[9:40am]
cacr-ag says, "Mary can I update attendees for you?"
darin at ncar says, "have you tried slide changes? I'm not seeing any"
jennifer-new b
darin at ncar says, "Thank you"
jennifer-new gets the slide change
darin at ncar says, "it's still called "etf-freeman.ppt," right?"
nsf-ag-admin says, "Barbra at NSF, you might want to turn your video off, it will free up
    some CPU"
nsf-ag-admin says, "Barbara....sorry :)"
jgsun arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
nsf-ag-admin says, "its not an issue for us since we are local, but it may help you out on
    your end...-Doug B"
renambot says, "audio works fine, just having trouble sorting out the DPPT thing."
>nsf-ag, are we going to be able to master ian's slides here?
You [to nsf-ag-admin]: are we going to be able to master ian's slides here?
You say, "ian was asking"
gestes at ncsa [to nsf-ag-admin]: have the Hirsh slides changed since 8:30 central?
lwbelknap says, "which slide presentation was changed?"
nsf-ag-admin says, "no"
smgallo at ccr says, "is that 9:30 central or eastern for the PPT?"
>nsf-, which no?
You [to nsf-ag-admin]: which no?
>gr
You grin.
nsf-ag-admin says, "All times on agenda are for eastern."
mgates at sdsc says, "how many total slides sets are there supposed to be (right now)?"
nsf-ag-admin says, "three only"
mgates at sdsc says, "are fran berman's slides in the merged set?"
nsf-ag-admin says, "two are ready freeman and hirsh.. the third is a large combo from the
    PIs and they are still arguing about them."
nsf-ag-admin [to mgates at sdsc]: yup.. got hers up there.
>poke nsf-
You poke nsf-ag-admin.
nsf-ag-admin says, "jut waiting on networking slides."
nsf-ag-admin [to you]: yes
mgates at sdsc says, "okay.. cool... I'm guessing that we'll have to download the merged about
    2 mins before they start speaking? :)"
>nsf-, ian asks if we'll be able to drive slides from here
You [to nsf-ag-admin]: ian asks if we'll be able to drive slides from here
rdo2 wonders hwere his little remote slide changer thingie is
You say, "aha, found it"
nsf-ag-admin says, "Ian will be at ANL today."
renambot says, "from where do I get the latest slides?"
nsf-ag-admin says, "no Rick will drive master from here and all sites will just jump in.."
nsf-ag-admin [to renambot]: http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/etf/agenda.htm
jgsun leaves for the lobby.
jgsun arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
nsf-ag-admin says, "PPT for third set will be very down to the wire :|"
lwbelknap says, "anl can you see lbnl."
cacr-ag says, "we'll be ready.."
nsf-ag-admin eys
tony at ncsa arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
nsf-ag-admin says, "yes"
agbnl arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
renambot [to nsf-ag-admin]: thanks
tony at ncsa says, "mary?"
>nsf-, does rick know everyone is hearing him?
You [to nsf-ag-admin]: does rick know everyone is hearing him?
tony at ncsa says, "exactly."
tony at ncsa grins
>lwb, I see lbnl now, audio anyway
You [to lwbelknap]: I see lbnl now, audio anyway
You say, "and video"
[9:50am]
nsf-ag-admin [to tony at ncsa]: yes?
nsf-ag-admin says, "just muted us.. can anyone hear anymore"
cacr-ag says, "nope, was worried there for a second!"
tony at ncsa [to nsf-ag-admin]: was giving you a heads up that mics were live
tony at ncsa [to nsf-ag-admin]: bob beat me to it
jennifer-new says, "um, is the fact that i'm not hearing anybody mean that nobody's
    talking?"
renambot [to nsf-ag-admin]: what's the address of the server for DPPT?
nsf-ag-admin says, "yes we have it muted"
nsf-ag-admin says, "the server is"
nsf-ag-admin says, "agdisplay.cise-nsf.gov"
NSF2 has disconnected.
koniak arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
renambot [to nsf-ag-admin]: thanks
NSF2 has connected.
NSF2 leaves for the lobby.
NSF2 arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
lindaw arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
mgates at sdsc says, "woah... my audio machine just started acting all funky"
jennifer-new says, "man, rat died"
cacr-ag says, "will there be any last audio testing or should we (Caltech) stay muted?"
nsf-ag-admin says, "two min"
nsf-ag-admin says, "stay muted until you are going to talk"
>wa linda
You wave to lindaw.
cacr-ag says, "is everybody muted right now? not hearing anything at all right now.."
renambot says, "purdue is still transmitting"
jennifer-new says, "did anybody else have a sudden rat death?"
NSF2 leaves for the lobby.
NSF2 arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
smgallo at ccr says, "rat seems fine"
agtech_EVL says, "no"
smgallo at ccr says, "I assume that everyone is muted"
>jennif, are you using your node or your pig?
You [to jennifer-new]: are you using your node or your pig?
rdo2 guesses he can look up at the video :-)
nsf-ag-admin says, "we are about ready"
cacr-ag says, "Are we staying with the current freeman slides that are up now?"
nsf-ag-admin says, "yes"
greenfield says, "unm had ratb death too, killed machine even"
rdo2 hm
jennifer-new [to you]: my node
smgallo at ccr says, "audio seems back"
[10:01am]
smgallo at ccr says, "lost sdsc"
smgallo at ccr says, "got em back"
cacr-ag says, "anyone else hearing freeman break up a bit?"
rdo2 still sees sdsc video
agtech_EVL says, "audio sounds ok."
smgallo at ccr says, "he sounds clear to buffalo"
nsf-ag-admin says, "no one is typing....things must be working...:) -"
jtilson says, "Buffalo is getting good reception of NSF"
darin at ncar says, "Peter's kinda dark. Can you give him a bit of light?"
mary arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
USDAG arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
mary says, "ppts will be broken up for the third leg of this mtg now PER RICK"
nsf-ag-admin says, "Barbara try reducing number of windows....it might be a CPU problem for
    you"
nsf-ag-admin says, "is the lighting better?"
cacr-ag says, "say what?!"
mary says, "SDSC, Caltech, PSC, ANL, and NSF/NCSA will master individually.."
mgates at sdsc says, "what?"
mary says, "the slides will be up during break.."
osc says, "he is very backlit - can't see his face very well..""
mary says, "just those main sites will master their own slide sets.. they will be in the
    order to run them in"
smgallo at ccr says, "so the server will change, right"
gestes at ncsa [to nsf-ag-admin]: what will be the order for the third ppt set?
mary says, "IF YOU THINK you are stressed imagine being here."
mgates at sdsc says, "is it not in a huge merged slide set?"
jennifer-new smiles at mary.
nsf-ag-admin says, "it looks ok here"
lwbelknap says, "so we should download new slides at the break?"
You say, "server should not have to change"
darin at ncar is confused
mary says, "overview (Ian-ANL), Dan (NCSA-at NSF), SDSC, Caltech, PSC, ANL(at NSF),
    Networking(Charlie at NSF)"
nsf-ag-admin says, "you might want to brighten it up on your end....there is not much else
    I can do until break"
mary [to darin at ncar]: just will be downloading several slide sets at break.. it is actually
    more workable than the HUGE merge they were thinking.
testutah wonders if we're using slides.
>h testu
You heh at testutah.
mgates at sdsc says, "if we have to master ourselves, then wont we need to flip past all the
    previous slides?  ah ha!  no more merged"
>nsf-, nice audio there folks, he sounds good
You [to nsf-ag-admin]: nice audio there folks, he sounds good
agbnl has disconnected.
smgallo at ccr says, "OK, so at break we download new slide sets and use those, all else stays
    the same?"
agbnl has connected.
agbnl leaves for the lobby.
agbnl arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
testutah agrees on the audio.
nsf-ag-admin [to you]: thanks!
nsf-ag-admin [to you]: how does peter look...is it ok?
richardc arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
nsf-, better now he's zoomed up, might be a little dark
You [to nsf-ag-admin]: better now he's zoomed up, might be a little dark
Carpenter has disconnected.
richardc waves.
You say, "or it might be our projector"
jgsun says, "which slide showing?"
darin at ncar says, "a bit dark, but not bad"
You say, "programmitc shifts"
lwbelknap says, "looks ok at lbnl"
nsf-ag-admin says, ""Programmatic shifts""
gestes at ncsa says, "slide 7 here"
darin at ncar says, "excellent..."
nsf-ag-admin [to you]: I will have to look at improving the lighting at the break
mary says, "Caltech who is the person speaking at your site again.. Jim Poole?"
cacr-ag says, "Jim Pool."
Carpenter has connected.
mary says, "Thanks.."
jgsun says, "something's wrong with my server set, can anyone tell me the name of the
    server something's wrong with my server set, can anyone tell me the name of the server
    please?"
You say, "if you type "look" you'll see it"
The Jack Frost Room
The Jack Frost conference room.
A sign here says, `Topic: agenda is at http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/etf/agenda.htm server is
    agdisplay.cise-nsf.gov'
nsf-ag-admin, Carpenter, cacr-ag, jgsun, and mary are here.  gestes at ncsa, darin at ncar,
    lwbelknap, myk, testutah, and richardc are distracted.  jtilson, jennifer-new,
    mgates at sdsc, smgallo at ccr, osc, agtech_EVL, LeslieSouthern, koniak, USDAG, and agbnl are
    daydreaming.  renambot, nobles, CHPC_UTAH, U-Ky, eland, greenfield, mjbennett,
    Internet2, QUB, tony at ncsa, lindaw, and NSF2 are dozing.  dougb, dgatchell, PennState,
    purdue, olson, llim, aks, and psc-ag-admin are off in another world.
jgsun says, "page number please?"
cacr-ag says, "no video from sdsc?"
rdo2 sees sdsc
You say, "moving"
smgallo at ccr says, "sdsc droped off"
darin at ncar says, "Peter's audio is pretty hot"
cacr-ag hmms
darin at ncar says, "distorting"
rdo2 suspects a sdsc->caltech netowrk problem
mary says, "folks refresh your agenda page for info"
[10:12am]
nsf-ag-admin says, "better?.. if not.. you will need to adjust at your sites"
mgates at sdsc says, "what?  no video?  we are sending...."
rdo2 sees sdsc video
mgates at sdsc says, "is it moving?"
>nd
You nod.
jgsun [to you]: got it, thanks
agtech_EVL dittos
rdo2 seeing 25fps, 131kbps
jennifer-new sees sdsc video too, moving
mgates at sdsc whews
>sm
You smile.
darin at ncar says, "are the presentations after the break ppt's?"
darin at ncar says, "yes, they are"
darin at ncar says, "I see it now"
cacr-ag says, "must be me then .. no video from sdsc. what's your window called?"
nsf-ag-admin says, "BARBARA.. I will need to have Doug start next master.."
darin at ncar says, "You can't turn his mic down a bit?"
nsf-ag-admin says, "send him up when you can"
mgates at sdsc says, "I have two... SDSC 462 presenter and audience (audience is currently
    blank... waiting for Greg to call back)"
mary [to darin at ncar]: it is as low as it can go
cacr-ag says, "aha!"
darin at ncar [to mary]: ok
mary says, "it seems to be unaffected by my change in gain? ugh"
nsf-ag-admin [to you]: any idea about that?
darin at ncar [to mary]:
darin at ncar [to mary]: are you using ap-ware?
nsf-ag-admin says, "wish break was LONGER.."
>mary, which gain are you changing?
You [to mary]: which gain are you changing?
nsf-ag-admin says, "RAT"
rdo2 hm
darin at ncar says, "change gain using ap-ware - you can adjust mic input separately"
nsf-ag-admin says, "better"
jtilson [to koniak]: Adam, have the admins responded yet?
darin at ncar says, "much better - sure he's just not speaking more softly? :-)"
mary says, "changed it on apware"
psc-ag-admin says, "Looks like you might get your wish, (longer break).""
mgates at sdsc says, "where is Hirsh speaking from?"
cacr-ag says, "same place I think.."
[10:22am]
mary says, "NSF"
mgates at sdsc says, "cool... thanks"
mary [to psc-ag-admin]: if no one goes long
cacr-ag ha!s
mary says, "MASTER DOWN>... CLIENTS DOWN"
mgates at sdsc says, "hirsh is now?"
mary says, "MASTER FOR RICH UP..."
nsf-ag-admin says, "master is up for Rich is up"
mary says, "beat ya"
jennifer-new says, "this should be etf-hirsh.ppt, right?"
darin at ncar says, "are we looking at "some history first?""
jgsun says, "Rich's slides are on, and it's page 2"
>mary, you've really got 'em packed in there
You [to mary]: you've really got 'em packed in there
terry arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
jennifer-new waves.
terry waves
jtilson says, " What is the title of the slide that should be displayed?"
agtech_EVL waves to terry.
cacr-ag says, ""some history first""
jtilson says, " Thanks"
cacr-ag ?
PennState says, "the speaker needs a light on him, boost brightness"
>penn, they're going to try to fix that up more at the break
You [to PennState]: they're going to try to fix that up more at the break
nsf-ag-admin says, "we will have to wait until the break"
gestes at ncsa says, "I see a very busy break coming up!"
USDAG says, "Will the 12:00 slides be put up during the break?"
cacr-ag says, "if you can call it a break..."
nsf-ag-admin says, "I have a light I can get"
mgates at sdsc says, "its a break for THEM, but not for us :(  we don't get any :)"
purdue says, ""If you zoom out, there will not be as much pixelation on the presenter"
nsf-ag-admin says, "yes...but it gets darker"
darin at ncar smiles at mgates
cacr-ag says, "looks good"
purdue says, ""We can't win"
rdo2 wonders if auto image balance is turned off on that camera or something
nsf-ag-admin says, "I WILL WIN...."
You say, "or if it's just dark"
nsf-ag-admin says, "just dark"
nsf-ag-admin says, "I have a solution"
purdue says, "" Right on!"
nsf-ag-admin says, "I have the technology"
nsf-ag-admin says, "but not six million dollars"
mary says, "wish camera angles was all I had to mess with... ugh"
mgates at sdsc [to nsf-ag-admin]: don't feel bad.. we have crappy lighting here too :P
osc says, "better, stronger, faster huh? ;-)""
nsf-ag-admin says, "you got it"
psc-ag-admin says, "Have the audience hold up lighters like a rock concert.""
Carpenter has disconnected.
mgates at sdsc hehs
cacr-ag giggles
nsf-ag-admin says, "hahahaha"
agtech_EVL says, "It's not half-dark, it's half-lit :)"
turam arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
jgsun says, "IS the backlight on?"
gestes at ncsa [to nsf-ag-admin]: Don't worry as long as we have good audio...nobody worries
    so much
nsf-ag-admin says, "backlight.....?"
osc says, "FREE BIRD""
psc-ag-admin says, "Jerry!""
[10:32am]
nsf-ag-admin says, "there aint no backlight"
mary says, "is there anyone at the sites needing to know master that are not comfortable or
    need some guidance.. it is same as running client, except for |  wmaster
    c:\ag\dppt\filename.ppt (or whereever you saved file)"
nsf-ag-admin says, "but I will scare up a front light"
nsf-ag-admin says, "AT THE BREAK!!!"
rdo2 . o O ( speaking of horror )
darin at ncar says, "so master will change but server will stay the same, right?"
cacr-ag says, "thanks mary - should be OK to master.. then page down to move slides?"
nsf-ag-admin says, "yes"
Carpenter's friends arrive to cart him off to bed.
mary says, "REFRESH agenda."
You say, "cool"
nsf-ag-admin says, "www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/etf/eftpics.htm"
darin at ncar says, "way cool"
cacr-ag says, "should we download now or wait til break?"
nsf-ag-admin says, "www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/etf/etfpics.htm"
nsf-ag-admin says, "www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/etf/etftopics.htm"
nsf-ag-admin says, "hahaha"
nsf-ag-admin says, "sorry"
osc says, "DL now?""
mary says, "last one.."
richardc . o O ( too many puppies... )
richardc loves that song.
darin at ncar [to richardc]: Primus fan?
richardc [to darin at ncar]: Of course.
nsf-ag-admin says, "yea!!!!!!!!!!!"
mary says, "REMEMBER TO POST HOWEVER... THIS URL:  at
    BREAK......http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/etf/posting.htm"
richardc [to nsf-ag-admin]: Go Mary!
gestes at ncsa says, "I see the PI ppts on the web page.  Charlie has 2 sets?"
psc-ag-admin says, "We have a question from Pittsburgh""
mary faints in the back and gets trampled by this crowd.
mary [to gestes at ncsa]: yes.. he is doing some networking slides..
mary says, "EEK who was that.."
renambot says, "what's the time over there?"
mary says, "remember all EASTERN TIMES"
mary [to renambot]: it is 10:40am in WA
nsf-ag-admin says, "EDT"
agtech_EVL says, "Is anyone seeing UIC?"
renambot [to mary]: is that ETC?
nsf-ag-admin says, "I am running for a light"
terry [to mary]: it's 10:40 here
You say, "woo"
>mary,nsf-, good job!
You [to mary and nsf-ag-admin]: good job!
mary says, "thanks muchly"
mary [to you]: so you can load master and tell us anytime..
>mary, ah, that's right
[10:42am]
You [to mary]: ah, that's right
rdo2 mastering from his laptop
CHPC_UTAH says, "has the third ppt been fully updated?"
nsf-ag-admin says, "third has been separated out.."
psc-ag-admin says, "Ummm, Roskies is talking from PSC?  How will his master work?""
rdo2 hm
>mary, is your master odnw?
You [to mary]: is your master odnw?
rdo2 got a name in use exception
nsf-ag-admin says, "I might have speaking wrong.."
nsf-ag-admin says, "hold on..ugh"
rdo2 waits
You say, "has anyone seen sydney today?"
You say, "there we go"
rdo2 has the master up
cacr-ag says, "will ian be speaking from ANL-prsenter?"
>cacr, yes
You [to cacr-ag]: yes
You say, "thanks for the reminder, will zoom him in"
cacr-ag says, "cool, tx"
lwbelknap says, "master up?"
cacr-ag says, "Caltech is ag at 131.215.144 .. we can't seem to get our name on the video
    stream. Sorry."
You say, "masteris up"
Carpenter arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
jtilson has disconnected.
CHPC_UTAH says, "is the master the same as it was before"
jtilson has connected.
darin at ncar says, "what slide are we on?"
jennifer-new [to darin at ncar]: should be ian-overview.ppt
cacr-ag says, "I'm seeing the title slide here."
darin at ncar says, "Inventing the future?"
turam changes eir name to tdu.
rdo2 runs for a cuppa
smgallo at ccr says, "I've got the same "Inventing the Future""
agtech_EVL has reconnected.
agtech_EVL leaves for the lobby.
nsf-ag-admin [to you]: IS MASTER UP?
nsf-ag-admin says, "YES.. thanks"
terry says, "master is up"
terry says, "so bob says"
cacr-ag is inhaling coffee
[10:52am]
darin at ncar sips his protein shake
ag-tech2-evl arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
ag-tech2-evl  is now agtech_EVL...mud connection unexpectedly dropped.
jgsun says, "Is anyone speaking?"
terry says, "not right now"
smgallo at ccr says, "I don't think so"
darin at ncar says, "is the next speaker in the same window?"
ag-tech2-evl [to darin at ncar]: looks like ANL Workshop Presenter
terry says, "next s[peaker is Ian, yes ANL Workshop presenter"
darin at ncar says, "thanks"
ag-tech2-evl [to darin at ncar]: Ok.
rdo2 blnks,catches his breath
nsf-ag-admin says, "ok we are gathering folks up here.."
tony at ncsa rolls his eyes at Ian not knowing how to drive his browser.
darin at ncar he he's
CHPC_UTAH says, "we are currently on slide 3, correct?"
ag-tech2-evl says, "That's what I see."
ag-tech2-evl says, "4, 3"
You say, "shouldbe one"
rdo2 hm, weird
CHPC_UTAH says, "yes 4,3"
mgates at sdsc says, "i'm seeing what evl and chpc see"
CHPC_UTAH says, "excellent"
greenfield says, "unm sees slide 3 of 33"
You say, "oh,it starts at 3"
ag-tech2-evl [to you]: What are the mysterious 1 and 2 slides?
You say, "there"
rdo2 wasconfused
ag-tech2-evl says, "Ok, back at 1"
mgates at sdsc says, "so, what happened?"
ag-tech2-evl says, "Was on 3, now on 1"
nsf-ag-admin says, "here is what I did with the lighting"
rdo2 thought he was at the start, it looked like an opening slide
smgallo at ccr says, "slids look good now"
nsf-ag-admin says, "I changed to florecent lighting....."
nsf-ag-admin says, "anl be ready to turn your audio on when we say......"
mary [to you]: we are trying to quite them down... can you turn on ANL and say hello
>nd
You nod.
cacr-ag says, "any chance of a slide change test real quick?"
mary says, "thinks they already did"
NSF2 leaves for the lobby.
darin at ncar says, "slides look good here"
NSF2 arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
mary says, "if you look in your dppt prompt.. it should say got data 1.. and you are cool."
You say, "we getting an intro?"
cacr-ag says, "missed it... I think it's OK, the window says there wre changes while I was
    away from the desk"
mary says, "geez GETTING REALLY LOUD"
>mary, do you have an mc there to call to order
You [to mary]: do you have an mc there to call to order
You say, "hard to do remotely"
jbreen arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
mary says, "rick taking over"
jennifer-new looks for ian video
nsf-ag-admin says, "call to order..."
mgates at sdsc says, "nsf lighting looks good"
You say, "thanks"
mary says, "you guys on?"
jennifer-new finds it
rdo2 waits for feedback on ianaudio
>nd
You nod.
ag-tech2-evl says, "audio good."
mary agrees
You say, "he's not talkng yet "
>gr
You grin.
richardc waiting for the love.
ag-tech2-evl hehs
jgsun says, "I cannot hear"
[11:03am]
nsf-ag-admin says, "we are transmitting"
ag-tech2-evl [to jgsun]: Is NSF still present in your RAT?
smgallo at ccr says, "buffalo hears fine"
mary says, "awesome AUDIO"
rdo2 cool
jtilson says, " audio is good "
agbnl has disconnected.
rdo2 muted all but ian'smic
ag-tech2-evl says, "Nice job NSF crew."
nsf-ag-admin says, "seems out of sync"
cacr-ag says, "yes here too he sounds great"
You say, "nd he's usingthe cool ppt remote :-)"
osc says, "Sounds good to us too...""
ag-tech2-evl [to you]: Will RPPT ever be rolled out?  I like it much better than DPPT.
mgates at sdsc says, "levels are good, but there seems to be some loss"
mgates at sdsc says, "not very bad though"
terry [to you]: is that remote plugged into the display machine?
NSF2 leaves for the lobby.
You say, "there was silence supp, just turned off"
>terry, into my laptop
You [to terry]: into my laptop
NSF2 arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
rdo2 wants a slide master machine here
nsf-ag-admin says, "we are going to mute....."
ag-tech2-evl [to you]: Better.
terry [to you]: arggh
>ag-t, dunno, theres apparently not been demand for it
You [to ag-tech2-evl]: dunno, theres apparently not been demand for it
You say, "someoneneeds to champion it"
ag-tech2-evl [to you]: I am trying to push it for iGrid.
nsf-ag-admin [to you]: why do you think audio and video gets out of sync
>nsf-, network loss probably
You [to nsf-ag-admin]: network loss probably
You say, "rat trying to buffer to compensate"
nsf-ag-admin says, "ahhhhh"
agbnl has connected.
agbnl leaves for the lobby.
agbnl arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
psc-ag-admin says, "Mary, may I please:  I'd like to bring up another window to prepare for
    our presentation?""
purdue says, "Camera hog"
nsf-ag-admin says, "mary stepped out....but she should be back.........."
nsf-ag-admin says, "hopefully :)"
purdue says, " Is caltech the site with just an IP?"
smgallo at ccr says, "yes"
purdue says, "Thanks"
cacr-ag says, "yep, that's us -- 131.215 etc."
cacr-ag says, "Caltech logo behind Jim Pool..."
purdue says, " I thought I could make out the logo"
rdo2 wonders if you can hear the squeaky chair
purdue says, "nopr"
lwbelknap says, "no"
cacr-ag only hears her own
nsf-ag-admin says, "its the door"
purdue says, "nope"
nsf-ag-admin says, "here at NSF"
smgallo at ccr  nah
You say, "ian's squeaking his chair"
>gr
You grin.
purdue says, "Good thing you don't have a barber chair."
gestes at ncsa says, "a new addition to the AG toolkit...WD-40"
You heh.
jennifer-new wonders if that's bob's elbow next to ian
terry says, "what time is it in amsetrdam?"
>jenn, nope
You [to jennifer-new]: nope
ag-tech2-evl [to terry]: +7 from chicago
nsf-ag-admin says, "....emergency...."
ag-tech2-evl [to terry]: 6:12 PM?
nsf-ag-admin says, "everybody re-dlownload the current slides...."
nsf-ag-admin says, "hold"
nsf-ag-admin says, "do nothing"
ag-tech2-evl [to nsf-ag-admin]: ian?
darin at ncar says, "what?"
[11:13am]
nsf-ag-admin says, "hold a sec"
cacr-ag is on the edge of her seat...
nsf-ag-admin says, "mary is trying to fix the NCSA slides...when she uploads them I'll
    inform everybody to re-download them.....but don't re-download them yet....she is not
    done fixing them"
smgallo at ccr sends mary virtual chocolate
nsf-ag-admin says, "audoi drop out..."
cacr-ag says, "I want to buy mary a drink at SC02..."
nsf-ag-admin says, "audio drop out from ANL"
ag-tech2-evl says, "better now"
mary says, "unbelievable"
gestes at ncsa says, "Go Mary!"
ag-tech2-evl starts the wave
mary says, "give me a sec.. I will note new ones on agenda for ag teams sanity"
cacr-ag says, "talk about down to the wire."
smgallo at ccr says, "Buffalo has good audio from ANL"
You say, "thanks"
mary says, "watching a pot boil.. ncsa's was worst download.. ugh"
You heh.
lwbelknap says, "ready for us to download ncsa?"
nsf-ag-admin says, "she is still working......frantically"
lwbelknap says, "ok thanks"
nsf-ag-admin says, "the fonts are all messed up"
mgates at sdsc says, "she's still got 12 more slides worth of time :)"
smgallo at ccr  tick tock
dorn at ncsa arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
nsf-ag-admin says, "thanks!"
nsf-ag-admin says, "you can download NCSA's slides"
osc says, "what happened to them? (slides)""
cacr-ag says, "it's the ag version of fear factor..."
ag-tech2-evl hehs
mary says, "refresh... three down.."
mary says, "caltech's was okay"
cacr-ag woohoos!
>nsf-,  i hear that your audio is way off, any chane you could drop & restart rat between speakers?
You [to nsf-ag-admin]: i hear that your audio is way off, any chane you could drop &
    restart rat between speakers?
gestes at ncsa [to mary]: what happened with Dan's slides?
[11:24am]
lwbelknap says, "are you doing all of the slides except for cal tech?"
You say, "agenda is annotatedwithwhcih slides where changed"
rdo2 hm, source named g711Ulaw64k
agbnl leaves for the lobby.
lwbelknap says, "thanks bob"
cacr-ag says, "looks lik e sdsc and psc can be re-downloaded too yes?"
agbnl arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
smgallo at ccr says, "thanks bob - got the new ones"
mary says, "ALL DONE"
ag-tech2-evl hoorays
mary says, "too.. "
mary says, "hey EVL I didn't have you on my list of participants"
mgates at sdsc applauds Mary's efforts
mary says, "thanks.. have a favor to ask of someone."
ag-tech2-evl [to mary]: Funny thing happened on my way to ETF...I e-mailed the story.
smgallo at ccr says, "what's taht"
mary says, "can someone look in rat or video feeds and scribble down the name or
    abbreviation of ALL sites currently attending."
mary [to ag-tech2-evl]: okay
mgates at sdsc says, "i'll do it"
koniak  just take a screenshot
ag-tech2-evl [to mary]: If you need participants, they are listed on our video window.
mary says, "Doug can you do this and email me the file."
You say, "man i want my laptop back to poke at stuff"
mary says, "that can actually stop video for a moment.. I have done it with many sites
    on.."
mary says, "you sacrificed.. tisk tisk"
mary says, "I have to get ag sofware running again on my laptop.."
>mary, that's why i wanna slide machien in here
You [to mary]: that's why i wanna slide machien in here
You say, "with the remote permanently attached"
LeslieSouthern wonders what slide that we are on
You say, "actually we shoudl put thatin the podium up in 216"
You say, "runtime environment"
ag-tech2-evl says, "23"
greenfield says, "unm has slide 23"
lwbelknap says, "we got a rejection notice"
rdo2 ?
smgallo at ccr says, "we haven't had much problem with doing a screenshot"
nsf-ag-admin [to you]: would we see the loss statisics in RAT if RAT was buffering the
    audio?
lwbelknap says, "on the ppt"
>nsf-, should, yes
You [to nsf-ag-admin]: should, yes
smgallo at ccr says, "flowing smooth here"
LeslieSouthern says, "thanks"
You say, "but i've seen it getina statewith a lot of buffering despite what it tells you"
koniak  knocks on wood
rdo2 apologizes for alck of spaces, funky rollup keyboard here ;-)
nsf-ag-admin says, "ACCESS can you please ONLY transmit 1 stream...."
osc says, "very odd.  we were not getting slide changes (stuck on 21) and a Ctl-C in the
    dppt window fixed it!""
ag-tech2-evl [to osc]: Try restarting client.
lwbelknap says, "ours just advanced"
ag-tech2-evl says, "I see 26"
mjbennett has disconnected.
purdue has reconnected.
ag-tech2-evl says, "Distributed Accounting"
mgates at sdsc [to mary]: still want me to write down the rat list?
nsf-ag-admin [to you]: the audio and video are still out of sync but I am not seeing loss
>nd
You nod.
You say, "are other sites seeing outofsynch from anl?"
nsf-ag-admin [to purdue]: please only transmit ONE stream
mgates at sdsc [to you]: i see it go out, but then the video stutters and it comes back
    together
USDAG says, "ANL is looking good from South Dakota"
koniak says, "looking ok from Buffalo"
mgates at sdsc [to you]: more than less, it is aligned fine
rdo2 suspects it'sthe local rat at nsf then introducing buffering lag
gestes at ncsa [to you]: looks pretty close here
greenfield says, "unm sees video and audio in sync"
You say, "thanks for the feedback"
USDAG has reconnected.
USDAG leaves for the lobby.
nsf-ag-admin says, "hmmm"
USDAG arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
lwbelknap says, "looks close at lbnl too"
richardc [to you]: Same here. Video and audio is close enough for government work... ;-)
ag-tech2-evl agrees
nsf-ag-admin says, "history is made.....26 sites"
You heh.
[11:34am]
smgallo at ccr cool
nsf-ag-admin says, "and you can say you were there :)"
ag-tech2-evl [to nsf-ag-admin]: For real?
nsf-ag-admin says, "IT CAN BE DONE!"
rdo2 shoulda eaten breakfast today
cacr-ag says, "that was worth getting here at 7am for.. :)"
koniak  again knocks on wood
richardc does a little dance.
darin at ncar says, "woo-hoo!"
ag-tech2-evl makes a little noise
psc-ag-admin says, "So, when we present, I just say 'master' instead of 'client'?""
gestes at ncsa [to nsf-ag-admin]: sorry, I don't think 26 makes history
darin at ncar says, "too bad we can't bring up 26 windows (display machine wouldn't be happy)"
>psc, if you're mastering fromth display, you probably want wmaster instead
You [to psc-ag-admin]: if you're mastering fromth display, you probably want wmaster
    instead
USDAG has disconnected.
ag-tech2-evl [to darin at ncar]: Even if they are small?
You say, "brings the master up in a winow instead of fullscreen"
richardc has 26 windows up.
cacr-ag says, "we don't have the screen space for 26!"
darin at ncar [to ag-tech2-evl]: maybe, but not going to try
mjbennett's friends arrive to cart em off to bed.
USDAG has connected.
jennifer-new wants an AG IMAX
darin at ncar says, ":-)"
ag-tech2-evl [to darin at ncar]: Very wize choice.
mary says, "everyone cool with new NCSA"
ag-tech2-evl [to jennifer-new]: IMAX 3D!
mary [to jennifer-new]: are you trying to kill me
rdo2 wonders whothe vrvs head is
darin at ncar says, "IMAX - that would work!"
mary [to you]: if you find out.. let me know..
nsf-ag-admin says, "bob can you throw that together in an afternoon? :)"
You heh.
jennifer-new [to you]: with the appropriate high-resolution, of course :)
ag-tech2-evl [to jennifer-new]: That should be an AG BOF session.
richardc . o O ( an $1.7M AG IMAX node. Very cool... )
cacr-ag doesn't recognize vrvs head
jtilson says, " vrvs head is very broken up to us"
ag-tech2-evl agrees
darin at ncar says, "squeak, squeak"
>gr
You grin.
nsf-ag-admin says, "ACCESS, PLESE ONLY TRANSMITT ONE STREAM ONLY!!!!!"

The Jack Frost Room
The Jack Frost conference room.
A sign here says, `Topic: agenda is at http://www-fp.mcs.anl.gov/etf/agenda.htm server is
    agdisplay.cise-nsf.gov'
nsf-ag-admin, darin at ncar, smgallo at ccr, and osc are here.  jtilson, jennifer-new, cacr-ag,
    LeslieSouthern, mary, richardc, and ag-tech2-evl are distracted.  gestes at ncsa, purdue,
    mgates at sdsc, lwbelknap, psc-ag-admin, greenfield, koniak, Carpenter, and USDAG are
    daydreaming.  PennState, renambot, CHPC_UTAH, myk, jgsun, tony at ncsa, terry, tdu,
    jbreen, NSF2, dorn at ncsa, and agbnl are dozing.  dougb, dgatchell, olson, llim, nobles,
    aks, U-Ky, eland, Internet2, QUB, testutah, and lindaw are off in another world.
USDAG says, "Is anyone there at ACCESS?"
lindaw [to nsf-ag-admin]: get access to shut off their cameras
rdo2 didn't see an access mud char come in here
cacr-ag hopes nobody will hear her stomach rumbling when Caltech is on.
mgates at sdsc says, "oh come on... everyone needs 4 views of one guy"
mary hehs..
>whois ncsa
tony at ncsa(#322), idle 43 minutes in the Jack Frost Room, is
gestes at ncsa(#389), idle 5 minutes in the Jack Frost Room, is
JeffC at NCSA(#397), last on Tue Jul 30 12:41:11 2002 CDT, is
dorn at ncsa(#404), idle 19 minutes in the Jack Frost Room, is
tsr at ncsa(#505) who has never connected, is
jdugan(#532), last on Thu Aug 30 14:04:21 2001 CDT, is jdugan at ncsa.uiuc.edu
tac(#674), last on Thu Sep  5 07:13:09 2002 CDT, is tcoffin at ncsa.uiuc.edu
dcsysad2(#710), last on Fri Apr 13 16:22:46 2001 CDT, is dcsysad at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Joel_Meyer(#712), last on Tue Apr 17 10:40:40 2001 CDT, is jmeyer at ncsa.uiuc.edu
tom(#744), last on Tue Sep 17 07:32:20 2002 CDT, is tcoffin at ncsa.uiuc.edu
wdavis at ncsa(#760), last on Wed May 23 14:06:05 2001 CDT, is wdavis at uiuc.edu
jackie(#763), last on Fri May 25 08:34:16 2001 CDT, is jkern at ncsa.uiuc.edu
tsrimovsky(#767) who has never connected, is tony at ncsa.uiuc.edu
carp(#773), last on Fri Jun  1 10:21:05 2001 CDT, is jeffc at ncsa.uiuc.edu
farrar2(#774), last on Wed Jun 19 10:29:43 2002 CDT, is farrar at ncsa.uiuc.edu
kapatel(#871) who has never connected, is kapatel at ncsa.uiuc.edu
dwheeler at ncsa(#894), last on Wed Jul 17 11:18:23 2002 CDT, is dwheeler at ncsa.uiuc.edu
jdugan'(#898) who has never connected, is jdugan at ncsa.uiuc.edu
jkern(#920), last on Mon Sep  9 11:30:40 2002 CDT, is jkern at ncsa.uiuc.edu
kern(#1011), last on Fri Sep  6 10:59:03 2002 CDT, is jkern at ncsa.uiuc.edu
mitch at ncsa(#1088), last on Thu Aug  8 16:41:21 2002 CDT, is mitch at ncsa.uiuc.edu
gk(#1092), last on Wed Sep 18 08:08:24 2002 CDT, is dcsysad at ncsa.uiuc.edu
pwefel(#1101), last on Mon Apr 29 12:19:31 2002 CDT, is pwefel at ncsa.uiuc.edu
shawndavis(#1321), last on Fri Aug 30 12:03:34 2002 CDT, is wdavis at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Ethan(#1714), last on Mon Apr 29 15:41:38 2002 CDT, is edengate at ncsa.uiuc.edu
myk(#1724), idle 55 minutes in the Jack Frost Room, is mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
A-dc2(#1775), last on Mon Jul 29 08:17:43 2002 CDT, is dcsysad at ncsa.uiuc.edu
shawn(#1840), last on Fri Aug 23 13:25:03 2002 CDT, is wdavis at ncsa.uiuc.edu
kenjackson(#1900), last on Mon Sep  9 14:11:36 2002 CDT, is kennethl at et.ncsa.edu
nsf-ag-admin says, "that's not good enough...Iwe are trying NOT to exceed the DS3 comming
    into NSF"
mary gives up on that..
mary [to you]: can you order nsf one of those silent keyboards :)
darin at ncar sighs for mary
nsf-ag-admin says, "that's why they need to stop transmitting "
osc says, "all rooms are empty...maybe they took an extended break""
mary says, "cannot easily figure who we are missing on our board :)"
terry [to you]: send nsf our quiet keyboard
You say, "current video traffic is 10Mbps"
mary says, "is that bad?"
purdue says, "Help, where is SDSC presenter window?"
mary says, "SDSC raise your hand"
You say, "it's well within a ds3"
purdue says, "polycom mic?"
jgsun says, "can you ask the presenter or someone holds the mic aksing ACCESS turn off its
    cameras?"
rdo2 sees an sdsc mouse
gestes at ncsa [to mary]: I can can call ACCESS if you really want them to kill windows?
mgates at sdsc says, "you should see a wide shot of our room"
You say, "master down"
nsf-ag-admin says, "all clients down.."
darin at ncar says, "who's next?"
mgates at sdsc says, "NCSA?"
You say, "got an MC there?"
lwbelknap says, "master up?"
psc-ag-admin says, "Sound"?"
mgates at sdsc says, "from nsf though..."
smgallo at ccr says, "reed at ncsa is next?"
jennifer-new sees dan, hears nothing
mgates at sdsc says, "no audio..."
You say, "no audio"
smgallo at ccr says, "NSF - no audio"
mary says, "master is up"
nsf-ag-admin says, "sorry bout that"
mary LOL... two of us are still scrambling..
smgallo at ccr says, "better now"
mary says, "he has a "quiet" voice too."
[11:44am]
USDAG says, "Could the NCSA presenter wave so we can locate?"
smgallo at ccr says, "in the NSF window"
psc-ag-admin says, "he's at NSF""
mary says, "Rick doesnt get his arial font though"
darin at ncar says, "Blazing a trail?"
jgsun says, "lighting in NSF is better"
USDAG says, "got it, thanks"
smgallo at ccr says, "yes, much"
mary says, "yeah we turned all the lights on"
mary says, "keeps folks awake"
cacr-ag says, "can we get him to speak up a bit?"
nsf-ag-admin says, "better?"
darin at ncar says, "sounds good here"
cacr-ag says, "hmmm a little"
mary says, "jack up at local sites"
mary says, "thanks"
cacr-ag says, "he is v. softspoken!"
nsf-ag-admin [to you]: I think the problem with the audio/video is that we have SO many
    windows that just making the speaker's window medium causes the problem
purdue says, " I don't know what happened here but I just got caught up"
mary says, "just a note:"
purdue says, " If I was x-mitting more than one stream I apologize"
nsf-ag-admin says, "no problem"
mary says, "it will be very important at end of talks for folks to be ready to rip down
    clients immediately.."
mary says, "thanks for everyone folks"
NSF2 leaves for the lobby.
NSF2 arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
>nsf-ag, audio is on your display machine?
You [to nsf-ag-admin]: audio is on your display machine?
nsf-ag-admin [to you]: no
rdo2 goes offline for terry to take over
smgallo at ccr is curious, does having the client up affect the master?
NSF2 has disconnected.
cacr-ag says, "will sdsc be presenting from sdsc 462 presenter?"
ag-tech2-evl [to smgallo at ccr]: Don't think so.  You are just listening for changes.
mgates at sdsc [to cacr-ag]: yes
mgates at sdsc says, "i will zoom our camera"
NSF2 has connected.
NSF2 leaves for the lobby.
cacr-ag nods
NSF2 arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
mgates at sdsc says, "in fact... I'll do it now"
terry has reconnected.
nsf-ag-admin says, "downstairs NSF node not working.."
nsf-ag-admin [to NSF2]: please don't have them come up.. it is way too crowded
rdo2 blinks back in office
jennifer-new says, "is anybody getting screen shots?"
mary says, "SDSC.. is fran only participant there?"
smgallo at ccr says, "Buffalo is"
mary says, "what does that mean"
jennifer-new [to smgallo at ccr]: would you be willing to share them?
jennifer-new [to mary]: taking screen captures so we can show people how totally cool we
    are
[11:54am]
mary says, "LAST SLIDE.. get ready to rip down..."
gestes at ncsa [to mary]: I called Coffin at ACCESS to kill windows but got his voice mail.
Bill arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
jtilson says, "SDSC audio is low"
jennifer-new [to gestes at ncsa]: do you have his cell number? i think i've got it
lwbelknap says, "master up"
cacr-ag says, "louder pls"
jtilson says, "SDSC is getting better"
smgallo at ccr says, "sure, we will put them on our website for download"
jtilson says, "SDSC is good"
gestes at ncsa [to jennifer-new]: I called his cell
jennifer-new frowns at tom
cacr-ag says, "yes, better .. a bit more would be good"
terry says, "we have slide 32, is that right?"
terry says, "esh, 2"
smgallo at ccr SDSC not synced
jtilson says, "Video from SDSC is choppy"
nsf-ag-admin says, "has 3?"
ag-tech2-evl says, "3"
terry says, "ok, 3"
smgallo at ccr says, "Losing SDSC video"
cacr-ag says, "audio much better"
greenfield says, "sdsc video choppy, but seems close to sync at unm"
nsf-ag-admin says, "make sure you have new sdsc slides loaded ALL"
smgallo at ccr says, "audio sounds very good"
NSF2 says, "mary what is SDSC's video called, all I see is a mic on a table"
nsf-ag-admin says, "new revised during Ian's alk.."
smgallo at ccr  SDSC 462
terry says, "sdsc 462 presenter"
nsf-ag-admin says, "presenter"
cacr-ag says, "is the current slide "sdsc node optimized" ?"
darin at ncar says, "vic says about 20 fps, but looks like about 2"
gestes at ncsa [to nsf-ag-admin]: New SDSC slides??
smgallo at ccr nods
darin at ncar says, "got a little better"
nsf-ag-admin says, "not again.. "
nsf-ag-admin says, "just from frantic stuff.. refresh your agenda."
cacr-ag says, "is the current slide "sdsc node optimized" ?"
CHPC_UTAH says, "have the slides advanced yet?"
nsf-ag-admin says, "only revised once when ncsa's etc. were."
mgates at sdsc says, "yes"
mgates at sdsc says, "not since the start"
mgates at sdsc says, "i'm on 3"
cacr-ag says, "OK tx"
darin at ncar says, "I'm also on 3"
nsf-ag-admin says, "ALL make sure you have lastest one and you don't have another dppt
    prompt running.."
gestes at ncsa [to nsf-ag-admin]: did not realize SDSC slides were update...to late now!!
mary says, "just a font issue reallyy"
smgallo at ccr says, "I have slide 3"
lwbelknap says, "lbnl shows slide 3 also"
mary [to gestes at ncsa]: please upload new PSC slides.. THANKS.
purdue says, "slide 3"
cacr-ag says, "sdsc looking and sounding great now!"
gestes at ncsa [to mary]: Thanks
NSF2 says, "did the slide change?"
darin at ncar says, "yep, much better"
mgates at sdsc says, "everyone get the change to 4?"
NSF2 says, "no"
purdue says, "oh ya"
darin at ncar saw the slide change
cacr-ag says, "yep"
mary says, "gosh we have a huge amount of folks all looking at a television screen.. no one
    can see anything... with these detailed slides"
ag-tech2-evl says, "yes"
smgallo at ccr  nods
lwbelknap says, "lbnl saw the change"
mary wonder how Doug is doing with satellite NSF node
jbreen says, "someone just pointed out that the SDSC talk is brought to you by Coca-Cola"
jennifer-new hehs.
jennifer-new says, "well, it IS the real thing"
cacr-ag says, "mmmm caffeine..."
smgallo at ccr says, "Yeah, it's hard to make the slides large enough and have all the windows
    up"
smgallo at ccr says, "need a higher resolution wall :)"
Bill is just glad he's off camera
>h bill
You heh at Bill.
sjung arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
smgallo at ccr  that's what bill thinks. :)
terry [to Bill]: I can fix that
mgates at sdsc thinks video machine screen saver was culprit of bad sdsc video
cacr-ag says, "is online attendee list updated?"
jennifer-new [to Bill]: are you in amsterdam with tony and linda?
smgallo at ccr says, "need some chocolate covered espresso beans"
Bill [to jennifer-new]: no I'm at Argonne (I've got a different conference to support next
    week here in Chicago)
darin at ncar says, "I'd like some catjes drop"
cacr-ag says, "fyi - caltech only has three or four slides... will be a quickie"
lwbelknap [to mary]: this is mike at lbnl
NSF2 says, "I am having a serious java problem with DPPT, so I need somebody to tell me
    when slides change...its good for this presentation, but for ones at NSF where the
    presenter is the master I'll need somebody to tell me when they change"
mgates at sdsc wonders who "hacker" is in the rat list...
[12:04pm]
NSF2 says, "what slide are we on?"
ag-tech2-evl says, "7"
mgates at sdsc says, "7"
terry says, "7"
NSF2 says, "thanks"
psc-ag-admin says, "Someone should send video of the current slide, (next time).""
smgallo at ccr says, "donno who hacker is"
myk says, "tracert reveals dhcp144.public.ummu.umich.edu"
psc-ag-admin says, "cool!""
jgsun says, "8"
NSF2 [to you]: I am geting an error in the java console that says the following "Got data:
    8
NSF2 [to you]: Got data: 8
>nsf2, that's not an error?
You [to NSF2]: that's not an error?
jgsun says, "9"
You say, "prints that when a slide update comes in"
NSF2 [to you]: it says object does not exist
mgates at sdsc says, "sweet..."
Bill says, "is that Diet Coke Fran was drinking?"
lwbelknap says, "is the master up now?"
NSF2 says, "where is jim comming from"
cacr-ag says, "master up"
cacr-ag says, "ok evyerone?"
mgates at sdsc says, "slide 3?"
terry says, "on slide 3 here"
smgallo at ccr says, "yes"
darin at ncar says, "way too loud"
osc says, "jim is very loud""
CHPC_UTAH says, "very loud"
greenfield says, "Jim is at Caltech "ag at 131.215...""
nsf-ag-admin says, "tinny really..."
cacr-ag says, "better?"
jtilson says, " Jim is load and his video is choppy"
mgates at sdsc says, "sounds like the mic is overdriving (hearing noise with his voice)"
buop arrives from the Access Grid Lobby.
nsf-ag-admin says, "try to bring down gain.. it is kinda annoying of a sound"
smgallo at ccr  lost audio
jennifer-new says, "audio gone"
jtilson says, "Lost audio"
mgates at sdsc says, "lost him"
Bill says, "audio gone here too"
osc says, "lost audio here too""
ag-tech2-evl says, "Lost audio"
ag-tech2-evl says, "video ok"
smgallo at ccr audio in and out
Bill says, "audio back"
mgates at sdsc says, "got him again"
jtilson says, "Audio is back"
smgallo at ccr back noiw
NSF2 says, "yes"
ag-tech2-evl dittos
nsf-ag-admin says, "back...can we troubleshoot that... "
darin at ncar says, "maybe just keep level as-is :-)"
nsf-ag-admin says, "pretty bad exp.. drop and tinny."
cacr-ag says, "almost done guys, not worht it"
mary says, "k"
cacr-ag says, "sorry 'bout audio"
ag-tech2-evl says, "Are we on slide 3 or 4?"
mary waves to NSF2
mgates at sdsc says, "5"
gestes at ncsa says, "5"
greenfield says, "slide 5"
ag-tech2-evl says, "How many slides are there?"
buop has disconnected.
NSF2 [to mary]: do you need something
mary [to NSF2]: they have only a few.. just bring up remotely
mary [to NSF2]: nope.
mary says, "things cool?"
mgates at sdsc says, "now 6"
greenfield says, "slide 6"
NSF2 [to mary]: I got it running :)
NSF2 says, "still a bit of audio dropping...but it's listenable"
cacr-ag says, "ok..tx nearly done!"
mary says, "bad audio overall there."
smgallo at ccr says, "" I hear something in the background""
NSF2 says, "so do we"
smgallo at ccr says, ""almost sounds like a dentist drill :)""
llim says, "I think the gain is set too high at the presenter site. Thus clipping"
cacr-ag says, "prob all the laptops"
mary says, "everyone make sure you have the "revised" PSC from this morning"
cacr-ag says, "master down"
[12:14pm]
psc-ag-admin says, "Master up !! ""
purdue says, " Big problems  be back in a minute"