AG node client interface

Rick Stevens stevens at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Oct 30 10:32:27 CST 2002

Here are some ideas of things to add to it that addresses some of our current
and future needs, and also some of the feedback we got from John VR ..

Random order.

1. Placeholder for augmented node icons -- above the dock we can have
a place to put icons that represent capabilities beyond the basic node for
example stereo display, tiled display, still camera's etc.  Things that
the node capabilties discovery have discovered.. for the demos we could mock
these up until we have that working.

2. Heartbeat to other nodes/users present in the venue.. by leveraging
the beacon data we could have indicators on the UI that show quality of the
network link to each person/site in the venue. (small color icons updated in
real time).

3. Invite button -- way to invite someone to come in real-time to join the
venue.

4. Queue for Question and Answer .. showing who is in line etc.